Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

Old 08-27-2011, 11:26 AM   #1
MyNameIsJay
Registered Users

Default EXI 450 CNC Head and Tail install than HUGE LET DOWN!

Ok to start I have a Belt CPv2 with a CPX mainframe on it. I purchased for $30 a EXI CNC Head and tail combo. The head worked perfectly fine dropped right in I used the how to for the Copter X head. The tail needed a little more work to get working properly. I purchased a Trex tail, pinion gear and belt. All those items installed perfectly fine but I noticed a huge problem. When the slider for the tail would move all the way to the tail block I found that there was some binding going on. Good thing I noticed this before I tried to fly my heli or I would be getting out the credit card and would of had to spend some more cash. What was happening was when the tail slider would go all the way to the tail block the arms for the tail blade mounts would lock up jamming the whole setup. How did I correct this? I found a small plastic spacer (not sure where it came from it was in my box of bonus r/c parts. It looks like it is about 1mm tall if that but installed it and tested everything and my binding issue with the tail is solved. Tail slides back and forth perfectly with no binding. All together I am very pleased with the performance of this combo and for about $50 total I think it was a great deal.

Now here is the let down part. I ran downstairs and loaded all my gear and heli into the car to go take it for a real flight. Prior I was flying inside my apartment in the racket ball court. I came back upstairs to eat some lunch (you can't fly on a empty stomach) 45 minutes later I go downstairs to find someone blew out my drivers window and stole my cd player AND MY NEWLEY FINISHED HELICOPTER!!!!!!!!! I am so pissed and the police were not much help at all. Now I am back at square one well actually two steps backwards because not only do I need to buy a new window for my car I also need to get a new helicopter. I hate scumbag people and I hope whoever stole it crashes it into themselves and gets a CF blade to the jugular.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I now have a big boy radio a DX6i woot!
MyNameIsJay is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:07 PM   #2
giorgos_cupra
Registered Users

Damn!That sucks big time!Look at the classifieds if you can get a deal on a used heli and put some dark tint on your car!

Tarot500 (soon to be fbl)

Hitec Aurora9 with telemetry
giorgos_cupra is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:35 PM   #3
Tjomp
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Blast. Sorry to hear. I just lost my Beam E4 in a river so I know the feeling of disbelief when you realize the heli is gone.

Will your cars insurance cover the loss ?
Old 08-27-2011, 02:40 PM   #4
MyNameIsJay
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yeah insurance will cover things. Its enough to cover the window and the cd player but after the deductible I only have about $100 to play with to get a new heli. Oh well so is life.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:34 PM   #5
chansen1953
Registered Users

My HF Map location

hi Jay, sorry to hear of your loss !! you sound like you are like me.. I rarely lock stuff when I am at home.. and I have paid the price in the past.!!

Go and join as many other heli forums as well, and post your story and a description... the thief will probably start asking questions on a forum to get help if he wants to fly it.. also let the LHC know.. as he may try to sell it vie the hobby shop.!!

did he get your transmitter ?? if not then he will be looking for one ?

I have not failed, I have just found 1000 ways that do not work.
chansen1953 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 01:39 PM   #6
ragge1
Registered Users

men that sucks , sorry to hear that
Old 08-28-2011, 03:39 PM   #7
copterboy
Registered Users

Sorry to hear of your loss Jay

From my experience in this field, the kind of person that breaks into a car to jump the stereo is the kind of person who will want to sell it for drug money, they wouldn't be interested in flying it themselves!!

I'd being looking around local LHS's, classified ad's, shop windows and possibly ebay. That's the kind of mentality your dealing with.

T-Rex450V2 w.PRO head, Scorp-8 & 45A V2 ESC, CSM4200/S9257, 3xHS65MG
E-Flite CX2 - All Microheli/Extreme CNC CF Upgrades
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:47 AM   #8
MyNameIsJay
Registered Users

Thanks guys. I have looked all over and talked to all the LHS as well as a bunch of pawn shops in the area (and actually found a couple cool things while at it lol) I pulled the trigger and ordered a EXI 450 kit. I figured for the price I couldn't go wrong. My buddy had a stock esky RX, TX, Motor, and stock esc sitting around that he said I could have no charge which helps alot. I spent 89 dollars and got the EXI 450 kit, the EXI CNC head and tail, sg90 servos, and a extra set of tail and rotor blades. It will be here today when I get out of work and I will take a couple photos if anyone is interested in seeing. I hope you guys don't mind me sticking around in this forum though. There are alot of helpful people here and even though I will not have a Belt for a little bit I would like to continue talking in here.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:02 AM   #9
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

lol, mind, you have to be kidding, hardly any of us have a Belt anymore. I myself moved to an EXI, about 3 years ago, and I'm still here. You are more than welcome. If we had all cleared off elsewhere when we had no Belts, there would be no one here apart from beginners wouldn't you say, since it is a beginners heli. That being the case who would give advice to beginners? So stay, feel at home, and become one of the resident chaps having a beer and a cigar around the fire in Jack's virtual workshop.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:00 AM   #10
MyNameIsJay
Registered Users

Lol thanks Sutty. Got my EXI in the mail yesterday. Apart fromt he flybar being very bent (shaped like a z bent) it looks pretty good. Today I get the fun task of taking everything apart and lock tighting everything. The peice on the tail shaft wasn't even tight at all so this whole bird is coming apart.

Old 08-31-2011, 05:17 PM   #11
copterboy
Registered Users

Hey Jay, I just remembered - did you get the microheli pulley installed on the belt before she was so cruelly taken? I assume you did as the thread title suggests you got the head and tail installed!! That really is bad luck indeed

On the plus side at least you have a heli with a better frame now, and you can still
enjoy the learning curve of upgrading the elctronics over time

Think that means it's still only me and HeliYeah! who successfully completed and tested the mod with the MH pulley. Damn it, I was hoping another member was going to join the ranks of this exclusive mod club

T-Rex450V2 w.PRO head, Scorp-8 & 45A V2 ESC, CSM4200/S9257, 3xHS65MG
E-Flite CX2 - All Microheli/Extreme CNC CF Upgrades
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:16 PM   #12
MyNameIsJay
Registered Users

I did complete it with the MH gear. Would of been nice to get it out in the open! Exi 450 is all together just setting the pitch and will fly it in the morning. It will be staying next to me until I get to fly it so there are no chances of it getting stolen lol.

Old 09-02-2011, 05:40 PM   #13
MichiganFlyer
Registered Users

Set that heli in your parking spot and sit in a window. If anyone trys to touch it, spool it up! Lol

I feel for ya.

Put a good gyro on that EXI and youl love that bird. Mine has the cheap dynam on it and does't lock.
MichiganFlyer is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP