START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos > MSH Mini Protos

MSH Mini Protos MSH Mini Protos Helicopter Support Forum

Old 12-23-2010, 11:58 PM   #1
eltavito
Registered Users

Default Optimal YGE 60/Mini Protos settings

Does anyone know the optimal YGE 60 ESC settings for the MSH/scorpion 2580kv stock motor. They are not posted on the MSH website.

thanks,

Occy
eltavito is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:02 AM   #2
alexf1852
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I believe the ESC is already programmed with the optimal settings for that stock motor.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:14 AM   #3
JASON671
Registered Users

stock settings work fine. just do initial setup and your ready to fly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JASON671 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:47 AM   #4
Edvard R
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Having flown only Kontronik until now, what is the proper way to set the stock YGE ESC up?

The manual supplied with the kit is fairly vague on how to make the ESC learn the throttle travel. I did download the generic YGE manual, but not sure if the programming sticks in the ESC...

Am I correct that you plug it in at 100% throttle, wait for the beep, and then go to zero. Then go full throttle again to set slow start and back to 0%?

I have a Koby in the drawer that will be strapped to the heli if need be
Edvard R is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:22 PM   #5
OICU812
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'd like to know as well to be honest, I just plugged it in and flew cause did not see any clear initial setup type literature.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OICU812 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:50 PM   #6
alexf1852
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The YGE 60 is the same ESC for both Protos and mini Protos. I don't know if they have different default settings though. I would imagine that they have the same settings considering that they are set for Scorpion motors.

The MSH and YGE websites have the RC setup manual. The MSH version of the RC Setup is a little bit more clear. You have to go through the Basic setup first which learns the full throttle.

Plug the lipo into the ESC with full throttle on! It will learn full throttle. Make sure your end point is at 100 Or whatever it is normally. I think my 8FG is 100.
You will then hear a long confirmation beep pattern.
After hearing that, move the stick all the way down to turn off braking. You will hear some beep pattern that acknowledges the setting. But I can't remember how many beeps. I think its 2 beeps.
Keep the stick down for soft start. You should the confirmation 2 beep pattern.
Unplug ESC.

To do the advanced setup, you have to have already done the Basic setup. You get into the advanced setup the same way...full throttle and plug the ESC in.
In advance setup, you can only change 1 setting at a time. So after you change 1 setting, you have to unplug the ESC and then start again but this time choose a different parameter to change.

The programming card for this ESC is worth the money. Only $23 at readyheli. It makes changes easier using the throttle cable.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:27 AM   #7
Edvard R
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Alex - thanks buddy!

I am thinking I somehow ended up in the advanced setting menu...

Here's the link to the PDF manual BTW: http://www.msheli.com/Manual/MSH%20R...%20english.pdf
Edvard R is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:41 AM   #8
OICU812
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yea the manual is "BLEAK" on the esc portion to say the very least! Not MSH fault, YGE site blows in this regards as well, silly!!

OICU812 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:14 AM   #9
4cyclic
Registered Users

getting the prog card is the easiest way to program. You can also find programming info on elektrorc site.
4cyclic is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:52 AM   #10
kdfi
Registered Users

so, out of the box this esc is ready to go on 3s. Is it true the default is gov setting? No high and low throttle points to learn? Set your curve and fly?

thanks
kdfi is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos > MSH Mini Protos

MSH Mini Protos MSH Mini Protos Helicopter Support Forum