Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System > Align 3GX FBL System

Align 3GX FBL System Align 3GX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

Old 10-26-2011, 09:03 AM   #1
felborn
Registered Users

Default How does gyro gain work on the 3GX?

Maiden my Trex550 last night, and sadly it was a bad experience. Any pitchpump would result in a pretty bad tailwag, so violent that I could not put it down without first using throttle cut. I had the gain set at 70% on my DX7, and lowered it to 60, same thing. Then lowered it to 53%, but again the same. I just checked the 3GX software now, and you can set total rudder gain in the 3GX software. I'm using Leon Luke's setting for Trex550 (Gain set at 70).

I just lowered the total gain to 55, and also lowered the rudder stop and lock settings abit. The total gain option say to set it so that you have about 60% gain on the radio.

How does the radio gain and the 3GX total gain interact, or how do I know what gain I'm actually running?
felborn is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:25 AM   #2
daneger21
Registered Users

Make sure you have the gyro gain set to the correct channel in your tx, should be Aux2 if im not mistaken(im at work, and I use a dx6i). You can confirm atleast the gain adjustments are working by connecting your heli and viewing the setting display tab and then watch the gyro gain slider move as you work your switch on your tx between two different settings. Once you can confirm this just is working properly just keep test flying and adjusting.

Also I think on the dx7, if your looking for a "70" gain, you need to set a "30" on your tx unlike setting an actual "70"gain on the dx6i. I maybe be wrong so hopefully another dx7 user will chime in...

"Flyin' high again..." -Ozzy Osbourne
daneger21 is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:30 AM   #3
WBFines
Registered Users

I had mine set at 73 in TX. If you are using just the sats with 3GX, make sure you are using AUX2

Powered by Apple iPhone 4
Old 10-28-2011, 10:53 AM   #4
littlechop550
Registered Users

had a similar problem...I have a dx8..in the gain channel..GYRO gain,...its really RATE its a little duferent..its not trye gain..what does your say..to be honest..if your using his setting slike me they wotk good but bring down your gyro Rate(gain to about 35-42..see if that works...let the boards know ...remember it might say gyro rate
littlechop550 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:24 AM   #5
felborn
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Just put in 4 flight on the 550 now, finally got the tail working for me. I was way off on my first maiden, I used the wrong channel for gyro adjustment. I dont know the exact gyrogain I'm running now, I had it at aroynd 44 when I started today, but had to lower it somewhat to remove some wag during tic-tocs. After that no wag and tail seems solid. Brand new packs tho, so I was very gently today and did not really push it.
felborn is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:52 AM   #6
littlechop550
Registered Users

seems like you figgured it out...thats the only thing about spektrum i dont care for..there terminolgy for stuff dont make sense and usually means something differnt...when it comes to gyro gain it should be gain nothing else you know
littlechop550 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:03 PM   #7
rcflier1
Registered Users

nubee to the 3gx here. if i,m not using a reciever, just the 2 sats. where does the gain come in. i,m used to a seperate wire into the reciever. oh yea, a 12x too.
rcflier1 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:31 PM   #8
ozflyer
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflier1 View Post
nubee to the 3gx here. if i,m not using a reciever, just the 2 sats. where does the gain come in. i,m used to a seperate wire into the reciever. oh yea, a 12x too.
It does not have a separate wire you just need to make sure you program the radio gain to channel 7. I dont know what that is on your radio but on my dx7 its aux2
ozflyer is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:27 PM   #9
rcflier1
Registered Users

figured it out, thanks. if not for the snowstorn, i would have tried flying it with the gain on the wrong channel..
rcflier1 is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System > Align 3GX FBL System

Align 3GX FBL System Align 3GX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support