Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Newbies: Tips and Information

Newbies: Tips and Information Section of HF, specifically for Passing along info to newcomers to the hobby. Setup, tweaking, orientation practice, etc.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:36 AM   #1
maciekish
Registered Users

Default "Never fly looking at the tail"?

Im new to this hobby with a lama v4 and a Honey Bee V2 coming soon and Ive been reading rchelicopterfun.com for the past days and in the day 3 lesson it says:
  • Always fly the helicopter by looking at the nose or pod section
  • Never fly the helicopter by looking at the tail boom or tail rotor

However in Phoenix, when practicing flight, i found the opposite is a lot easier when hovering. Rchelicopterfun.com has been great this far but now i feel perplexed. What gives?
maciekish is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:16 AM   #2
mmickels
Registered Users

My HF Map location

In some orientations, you won't be able to see much of the tail. That's all I can think of.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Team A Main Hobbies Field Rep
Mark
450 clone, T-Rex 500FB, Rush 700
mmickels is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:47 PM   #3
600bob
Registered Users

Well when you turn left the tail goes right. I try to look at the whole heli, can't see the nose when tail in, can't see the tail when nose in.
600bob is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:43 PM   #4
seanh
Registered Users

There are plenty of people that fly by the tail with no problems. If you're uncomfortable with flying the nose and looking at the tail works for you, great...fly the tail. The only problem is that your tail direction will probably end up being reversed. This can cause problems for other pilots that fly your bird to help you, diagnose problems etc.
X-cell Fury 90: 601/9251, 8231's Cyc; DS650; OS 91MP-6; Jr Vibe 90; OS 91RJX Pipe; Jr 8231 cyclic, 770 3D/G8900, Prfct Reg. CCPM; T-Rex 600 NP: 6965HB, 425MG Throttle GY 520/9254; OS50 Hyper,MP-5, Prfct Reg; 600E Bstx, nue1910
seanh is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Newbies: Tips and Information

Newbies: Tips and Information Section of HF, specifically for Passing along info to newcomers to the hobby. Setup, tweaking, orientation practice, etc.