Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Helicopters

Electric Helicopters Dedicated to larger than Micro/Mini Electric Helicopters of any Brand

Old 12-19-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
Raistlin
Registered Users

Default Hausler 450v2 cyclic problem

Every time that i plug a new battery in i have to re-center the elevator servo (using sub trim). It will then stay centered until i have to reinitialize. The servos are all new. I just don't get it.

Specs:
Hausler 450 v2
Hobbywing Pentium 40a ESC
AR6100E Receiver
EXI metal head
ZD720 gyro w/ GS-D9257
Cyclic: DS-929mg
DX6i
Raistlin is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 08:34 AM   #2
fast400
Registered Users

My HF Map location

the dx6i has some known issues, this could be one.
try making a new model. i know its a pain setting up a new model in the radio, but this will rule out the radio.
or you can swap the ele and ail servos on the receiver and see if when plugging in the battery a few times if the same servo has the issue.
if its the same channel thats doing this, then you`ll need to do my first suggestion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
retired the 3 year old blade400
fast400 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:52 AM   #3
Raistlin
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the response... I will give it a try... I will also try switching receivers (i have an Orangerx laying around). If it does happen to be the radio is there a way to flash the firmware via USB? or will it have to be sent to the factory? The weird part is that i have a BeltCP and MCPx ,with no issues, on this radio as well.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:02 PM   #4
fast400
Registered Users

My HF Map location

by swapping two servos, and the issue continues but moves to the other servo, this could be a receiver issue.
if the issue remains with the servo thats acting out, then its probably the servo.

the Dx6i issue is more of a glitch or a dead spot in its memory.
by creating a new model, you are basicly moving the memory to another spot.
its sorta like a old vinyl record or cd thats scratched, it will always act up in that spot, but once you get past it its like new.
does this make sense?
in my dx6i, i had to memory slots show signs of glitching, but the other 8 were fine.

its hard for me to type what im trying to say, but i`ll try to explain more if you need it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:25 AM   #5
Raistlin
Registered Users

I understand... it would be like a bad sector in a hard drive... Thanks
Old 12-31-2011, 11:07 AM   #6
Raistlin
Registered Users

Update...
I have switched out Rx, created new model, and switched channels. Nothing has helped. I did however find that if I tap the servo's arm it move to a seemingly random location without input. Is this just a bad servo?
Old 12-31-2011, 08:35 PM   #7
fast400
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
Update...
I have switched out Rx, created new model, and switched channels. Nothing has helped. I did however find that if I tap the servo's arm it move to a seemingly random location without input. Is this just a bad servo?
i would say yes, it does sound like a bad servo to me.
thats why i suggested swapping that servo with another servo on the receiver before anything else.
by swapping the servo`s location on the receiver, you would have seen the same servo (although in a different channel) still acting funny. this would have taken 5 minutes.
i would get another servo, if not all three. you can get the hitec 65hb`s really cheap these days.
heres where i got mine, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hitec-HS-65H...item3f06baaa4a but it seems the price has went up.
heres some more good servos, got mine here http://www.ebay.com/itm/3x-Corona-DS...item41609271cc but it seems these have went up in price as well.
i guess the price of gas is hitting the servo market now too.

Old 01-01-2012, 02:27 PM   #8
Raistlin
Registered Users

Thanks... I switched out the servo with a spare... seems to work fine now. I noticed that the 65hb , that you suggested, are not digital. Does this really matter? thanks again for your help.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:21 PM   #9
fast400
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i personally cant tell any difference between digital and analog.

maybe on cheap servos there could be a noticeable difference on their centering, but the hitec analog servos are pretty accurate.
i think most believe the digital servos react faster to stick inputs, but if they do its so small theres no way a human can tell. But again, on cheap servos it may be noticeable.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Helicopters

Electric Helicopters Dedicated to larger than Micro/Mini Electric Helicopters of any Brand