Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Miniature Aircraft Helicopters > MA Whiplash

MA Whiplash Miniature Aircraft Whiplash Helicopter Support Forum

Old 01-10-2012, 02:08 AM   #1
bayselec
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Smile TRM for Whiplash

Just looking at a motor for the Whiplash Gas when it comes out.
I have read about a 29cc motor by TRM in development will this be avalible?
Seen the vids of bobby flying it with a TRM 26 looks like that has plenty of power as well.

Cheers Rob
Old 01-10-2012, 07:48 AM   #2
Toxic Al
Registered Users

HI Rob, the the 270TT(26cc) is extremely powerful , the most powerful 26cc currently available now.I developed this motor with Chris Lund and with input from Bobby Watts as well. the "29" as I mentioned before is in test mode and will be a while before it comes out and it might not be suitable for the high rpm setup running in the whip right now. If guys like Bobby Watts and Bert Kammerer like the output for this model I think any of us mortals will as well. Between the sick capabilities of this model and the output of the matched engine you won't be dissapointed.
My distributor Esprit model has pre ordered the 270TT in anticipation of the release of the model., It will be on the there sight soon and should be in stk in about 2 weeks. I would like to mention to be patiant with my website it will have a whole new look soon and update will be coming very shortly including the new engines. If the 29 becomes what I hope it to be, existing 270TT owners will be able to upgrade their motors if they choose at a great discount but that is months away if at all. Peace, Al
Toxic Al is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:17 PM   #3
bayselec
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks for the info Al will keep my eye on esprits site for one.

Cheers Rob
Old 01-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #4
Vantskruv
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm excited how this will be. Looking forward on your progress Al!

So how much horsepower do you think these engines will be in? How is the vibrations compared to nitro-engines?

In Sweden we are using 95 octane (which is 91 octane in USA) gasoline. Do you maybe know how this will impact on your engines?

Edit:
Learned a new thing today. Europe uses another scale when measuring the gasoline octane. I.e. 95 octane in Sweden is actually 91 octane in USA.
Vantskruv is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:00 PM   #5
Toxic Al
Registered Users

The motor is based on my Anthrax spec 7 marine race motor which with tuned pipe is putting a blond hair shy of 7hp but that is with a tuned pipe. I don't like to publish numbers because they can be misleading. the power spread is much more important and this motor pulls well. the gas should not be a problem, I will testing be different fuels soon to get the optimal set ups. Peace, Al

P.S. motor is smooth to 16k
Old 01-12-2012, 01:47 AM   #6
Vantskruv
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Al, this sounds very promising! And it would be nice to have a tuned pipe. As the current ones will be in long length I hope someone will make more compact ones, if it is possible. But will there be special pipes tuned for your different type of engines, or is it test and trial?

I hope you have great success with your engines, which I think you will have. Two years from now you will have entered Wallstreet-market.
Vantskruv is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:02 AM   #7
Toxic Al
Registered Users

Thanks Vantskruv, I am expecting the delivery of my new Bentley any day now so i can drive in style to Wallstreet. LOL. Al kidding aside, i am really exited about the new motor and the future of Gas heli's. Peace, Al

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Miniature Aircraft Helicopters > MA Whiplash

MA Whiplash Miniature Aircraft Whiplash Helicopter Support Forum