Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Phoenix Flight Sim

Phoenix Flight Sim Phoenix Flight Sim

Old 10-23-2011, 10:33 PM   #21
C62BN2011
Registered Users

Default Phoenix V3 and DirectX Issues

Hi,

I recently installed the Phoenix Version 3.0 Flight Simulator (which I bought and received in October 2011) on my machine and when I go to run the program I get the following message:

"The program can't start because d3dx9_43.dll is missing from your computer. Try re-installing the program to fix this problem."

I re-installed the program and got the same issue, then I went to Microsoft's website and downloaded the latest updates to DirectX (through their DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer), re-started the computer, and after clicking on the Phoenix simulator program still am getting the message above. I was warned by folks not to install the individual .dll files (http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findth...l-download.htm).

Here is some quick Info. about my Computer:

1) Operating System = Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
2) Manufacturer = Gateway
3) Purchased = August 2011 (recent)
4) Model = DX4860
5) Processor = Intel Core i3 CPU @ 3.10 GHz (4 CPUs)
6) Memory = 6B RAM
7) DirectX Version = DirectX 11 (came pre-installed)

Thanks.
C62BN2011 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:00 AM   #22
Viper16
Registered Users

It has been about a month before I installed Phoenix on my copy of windows 7 64bit so I do not remember the errors I was getting. I had to right mouse click on the icon and tell the program to run with windows xp sp3 emulation. It fixed all errors associated with the program and windows not authorizing Phoenix to access all files.
Viper16 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:42 PM   #23
Mentalic
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by donskills View Post
I am running Win7 64bit. I had to use the microsoft link to install directX after installing and it just flies!!

Same here Win7 64b, but also updated sound and video drivers where possible.

Team Mikado USA
Logo 480 / Logo 600sx / Logo Uvular / Logo 700 / Vbar Control
Mentalic is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:52 PM   #24
chrisp_SD
Registered Users

Default windows 7 & phoenix simulator issue - possible solution for you

I had the same issue with the Direct X error, specifically for the d3dx9_43.dll. I googled "Phoenix Flight Simulator, Support" which took me to the Phoenix website.

Then I went to the Support Tab and filed through the "Frequently Asked Questions" portion and found the, "When trying to install Phoenix I get the following error code: ERROR 1721" and followed the instructions from there and it fixed it. In case you don't want to google, below is what it says to do:

This rare issue occurs when the included Microsoft DirectX installer cannot run on your computer during installation. This does not affect the installation of Phoenix, but you may need to manually install/update DirectX after installation by doing the following:

Open your Phoenix installation folder - usually "C: / Program Files / PhoenixRC"
Open the "SetupFiles / Redist" folder inside
Locate the "DXSETUP.EXE" application inside this folder and run by double-clicking it
Follow the onscreen instructions to install the update

I didn't find the referenced Redist folder but found the file in the Utilities folder and then into the Direct X folder which had the DXSETUP file, double-clicked on it and then went from there. If that doesn't fix it then you'll have to send them an email notice request which can also be found on the same page. Good luck.
chrisp_SD is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:13 AM   #25
Excalibur3
Registered Users

I was up till 2am tring to find those folders you are freeing to I even went it to Cmd mode. And still couldn't find the exe file??? Can you help me or is there something else I can do. I'm worried if I can't run the demo then I shouldn't buy the full version cause I can't afford a new computer right now. I already bought the iPad 3. If I new I could nt run the sim on it I would have got something different Help
Excalibur3 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:33 PM   #26
lenonh
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur3 View Post
I was up till 2am tring to find those folders you are freeing to I even went it to Cmd mode. And still couldn't find the exe file??? Can you help me or is there something else I can do. I'm worried if I can't run the demo then I shouldn't buy the full version cause I can't afford a new computer right now. I already bought the iPad 3. If I new I could nt run the sim on it I would have got something different Help
Short answer for the "d3dx9_43.dll" problem with the Phoenix simulation (demo):
Just install the directx 9.29.1974 in you computer. =D

I got the installer here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...ils.aspx?id=35
lenonh is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Phoenix Flight Sim

Phoenix Flight Sim Phoenix Flight Sim