Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 01-18-2012, 06:38 AM   #81
JoeW
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by conejo View Post
I fly indoor/outdoors when there is no room for her bigger sisters. Nice heli. Feels like a woman... very sensitive and with the need for time, care and money.
...and if you stop paying attention to her at the wrong time she'll smash your TV
DX8 + Telemetery on all
JoeW is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:19 AM   #82
litehawkdown
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by krobinson103 View Post
My Goto Walkera v400 died horribly and I'm looking at either a trex 250 (got 6 batteries that will work with it so it seems logical), or a Beam 450. The Beam 450 is likely to be much better for big air flying. But, I don't have anywhere close I can fly like that - especially in winter and I need something that will fly well enough inside to be safe (but more fun than 120sr which flies itself), and with enough power to not be blown away when I do want to fly outside.
Its likely to be my goto heli for at least a year or so so it needs to be fun to fly,

So, if you could have a kick ass 450 that is fairly useless given that there aren't that many places to safely fly one around here, or a 250 that looks like it almost park flyable what would it be? I have a 120SR as well, but its way to easy to fly and gets boring.
MCPX!
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:48 AM   #83
Nko15
Registered Users

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE mine.. built her out of the box a little over a year ago, old SE combo, with 750 and 420, changed nothing. and it still flies perfect after around 10 crashes or so...
All my buddies ask why mine flies so good.. their 250's wont track, have tailproblems etc.... just hammer on the thing and it gets cute quite easily Just like Conejo said, they are just like women.. You need to show them who's the boss
Old 01-24-2012, 11:29 PM   #84
shreddedpaper
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The 250 SE is my first kit from Align and is quickly becoming my favorite heli. I only have a blade 450 and a clone 450 to compare to, but to me this feels like one very well engineered unit.
I had the (seemingly standard) tail wag issues, I read the thread and tried a few things. set the gyro to analog, installed the straight tail blades, changed the main rotor blades to the symmetrical instead of the tapered and the wag went away. I am very happy with it. If this quality is in all Align products, I'll be building more over time (money and honey permitting).
I love it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2439.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	283543   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2449.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	283544   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2459.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	283545   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2461.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	283546  
sweet! Warp 360 KST, B4503D Savox- all beastx, 250 SE flybarred-current shelf queen, 130X, Mcpx BL, Nano cpx, Mini Dragonfly, DX8 AMA #982022
If you get to thinking you're a person of influence, try ordering somebody else's dog around.
shreddedpaper is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:10 AM   #85
litehawkdown
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddedpaper View Post
The 250 SE is my first kit from Align and is quickly becoming my favorite heli. I only have a blade 450 and a clone 450 to compare to, but to me this feels like one very well engineered unit.
I had the (seemingly standard) tail wag issues, I read the thread and tried a few things. set the gyro to analog, installed the straight tail blades, changed the main rotor blades to the symmetrical instead of the tapered and the wag went away. I am very happy with it. If this quality is in all Align products, I'll be building more over time (money and honey permitting).
I love it.
I can't wait to get mine. I was going to get the Blade 450. But for the same price I can get the 250se super combo RTF. Like you say the build quality seems way better on the align. Blade 450 sounds great in reviews but from what I read most people that review them aren't flying a Align. Sounds like it's their first CP heli of that size too. But like you say Just waiting on money and the honey LOL! ......Which reminds me of another reason to get the 250. It is easier to hide!
Old 01-26-2012, 02:59 PM   #86
CAndrewGreen
Registered Users

Default Love 'Em!

Bought my third 250 at Christmas....

#1 is 2 years old, an original Align (non SE) with Align FBL head & Beast X, in the process of fitting in Airwolf Fuz, tight squeeze, taking a bit of fiddling to do. (this one was originally in the Align MD500 Police Fuz in flybar form)

#2 is about a year old, an original Align (non SE but came with SP motor) with a Gaui 5 blade head, Align 3G, Align MD500 Police Fuz. A bit of a porker at 540 grams Flies really nicely 3G seems to suit scaleish flying or gentle hooning around.

#3 is new, an SE with silver frames, Align FBL head & Beast X, set up is much more violent on this one almost TOO much control response for small indoor spaces!

Now all i need is to pick up a couple of secondhand original Align 250's one to do a 4 bladed OH6/Little Bird and one to do a three bladed Hughes 300 using a Gaui 100 Fuz! 2, 3, 4 & 5 blades and no flybars!

Regards
Andrew

Pics of #2 here
Vid of #2
YouTube
"> YouTube
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TRex 250 # 1.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	283967   Click image for larger version

Name:	TRex 250 # 1 Airwolf.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	283968   Click image for larger version

Name:	TRex 250 # 3.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	283969   Click image for larger version

Name:	TRex 250 # 3 Silver frames & BeastX.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	283970  

Last edited by CAndrewGreen; 01-27-2012 at 01:41 PM..
CAndrewGreen is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:19 PM   #87
wkma7six
Registered Users

Love mine so far. No issues with it yet. All stock with flat blades. I got the combo kit without tail servo or gyro, but stuck an Align GP780 in that I had sitting around and a JR DS287MGHV and love the tail response. Feels like the bigger 450 machines. Mine isn't responsive enough, but I still have to tune some TX settings to get the soft feel out of it. You can fly it most anywhere and I'll likely be taking this to work everyday where I used to fly the mCPX daily during break. I should get 4-5 packs through it daily. This is dangerous because my dedicated heli shop is literally across the street.
wkma7six is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:32 AM   #88
litehawkdown
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkma7six View Post
Love mine so far. No issues with it yet. All stock with flat blades. I got the combo kit without tail servo or gyro, but stuck an Align GP780 in that I had sitting around and a JR DS287MGHV and love the tail response. Feels like the bigger 450 machines. Mine isn't responsive enough, but I still have to tune some TX settings to get the soft feel out of it. You can fly it most anywhere and I'll likely be taking this to work everyday where I used to fly the mCPX daily during break. I should get 4-5 packs through it daily. This is dangerous because my dedicated heli shop is literally across the street.
HA ha. We are two peas in a pod. I am still building my 250. I am really taking it slow and enjoying each step. I take my mCPX and fly it in the empty apartments I am renovating. My LHS is located at the building supply store where I get my materials for my work. (I am a self employed carpenter.) Said store is also a 1 minute walk from my house. LOL This hobby owns me!
Old 02-21-2012, 03:09 PM   #89
wkma7six
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by litehawkdown View Post
HA ha. We are two peas in a pod. I am still building my 250. I am really taking it slow and enjoying each step. I take my mCPX and fly it in the empty apartments I am renovating. My LHS is located at the building supply store where I get my materials for my work. (I am a self employed carpenter.) Said store is also a 1 minute walk from my house. LOL This hobby owns me!
Yeah, I guess so! I was flying the 250 out in the courtyard this morning dialing in the gyro for backwards flight and skid landed, resulting in breaking one tail blade. Went across the street for new blades and got it ready for the next break in the courtyard this afternoon!
wkma7six is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.