Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > DJI Multirotor Support > Flamewheel Multirotor Support

Flamewheel Multirotor Support Flamewheel Multirotor Support

Old 02-23-2012, 07:18 PM   #1
balbs
Registered Users

Default DJI F450 + Naza ---BANG!

Just pulled the trigger on a DJI F450 with Naza controller. This will be my first quad. I wanted to start with the Blade MQX, but naaahh... I'm pretty sure I want to eventually hook up a camera to this baby and don't want to waste time with the MQX.

I noticed some build threads which I have and will be looking at more. In the meantime, let me know if you have any tips...

At this time I have to pick out a receiver and lipo for it.
balbs is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:29 PM   #2
minnzoo
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My FW450 with Naza just arrived today. I haven't opened it yet but it's also my first quad. Perhaps we can share notes.

David
Old 02-25-2012, 12:06 AM   #3
balbs
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

What?!! You have it and haven't opened it yet???!! Everytime I get a heli package in, I rip the box open right before I shut the front door!

I'm up to sharing notes! I can't wait!
balbs is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:09 PM   #4
minnzoo
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OK, well I've opened it and I got very excited seeing all those gray electricsl bags. Ooooo. Anyway, I'm slightly sidetracked cause I'm putting a pine floor in my bedroom and I've been working on that all day. Hopefully I'll have time tomorrow between driving cut nails into my new floor.

David
Old 02-25-2012, 05:04 PM   #5
Curb
Registered Users

Good choice Balbs - should be going for the maiden tomorrow with mine. It's so simple to go together but I still need to get my head around some of the software.

I almost went MQX too - but I know I'm going to really get into it and would have upgraded in a matter of weeks.

Update:

First flight with mine - nothing major just some hovering and very limited , slow FF in Atti mode and went no higher than 15 ft. Still felt great! Got a whole lot of dialling in on gains though as I couldn't get it to trim properly though.

Last edited by Curb; 02-26-2012 at 02:36 PM..
Curb is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:36 AM   #6
Solex
Registered Users

Gary Travis F450 build video.

Radio and NAZA setup

Hope it helps, it sure helped me!
Solex is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #7
THX1138
Registered Users

What is the recommended battery for the 450?

Lou
Old 12-07-2012, 10:23 AM   #8
cu19
Registered Users

Building a quad is something that I have also been interested in but was not sure where to start. Did you guys order from someone here in the US? And did you have a parts list to follow? Sounds like you are on the right track to a successful build and a lot of fun.
If you have any recommendations for a parts list or sites where you purchased from I would appreciate the info. And I hope you do not think I am hijacking the post, I just want to learn more.
Thanks
Clarke
cu19 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:28 AM   #9
satgod
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by cu19 View Post
Building a quad is something that I have also been interested in but was not sure where to start. Did you guys order from someone here in the US? And did you have a parts list to follow? Sounds like you are on the right track to a successful build and a lot of fun.
If you have any recommendations for a parts list or sites where you purchased from I would appreciate the info. And I hope you do not think I am hijacking the post, I just want to learn more.
Thanks
Clarke
you can get all your quad needs from www.thequadman.com he's here in the U.S. and sells built and tested quads that you take out of the box put the props on and bind your radio and your on your way
X-8 FPV Wing, TBS Discovery FPV, TBS Caipirinha FPV
satgod is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:49 AM   #10
cu19
Registered Users

Thank you for the info, I will have to give that a look. While I was waiting for a reply I did a search and found this place. http://gothelirc.com/shopdisplayprod...al+Promotions+ not sure if it is they are the same kit. I think my next step might be to do some calling and make sure it is apples to apples.
Thank you for the quick reply. Always good to post here.
Clarke
cu19 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:05 PM   #11
Malinois1
Registered Users

Default NAZA Flight Controller setup Problems

Hi All,
I have been having problems setting up my NAZA FC with GPS. I cant seem to set my 3 position switches. If you all could please review the video I have provided it would be greatly appreciated. If anything you will be able to determine how new I am at this, my apologies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I6r1hiyrFE
Malinois1 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:30 PM   #12
Tahoe Ed
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks for posting that video. It has been so long I almost forgot about it. There are other links here for those that are interested.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1536553

Have fun guys. I just got a Phantom and it is a blast. Charge the lipo and go, with an included charger, lipo, and tx. Inside is the Naza with GPS. Check it out. It also includes a GoPro mount.
AMA #844172 DJI S1000 Lightbridge Zen for 5D, S900 LB Zen for BMPCC, DJI Phantom 2 Vision +, P2Z2 with Data Link, P2Z3 with LB DJI Forum Support
Tahoe Ed is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:14 AM   #13
benchmark
Registered Users

You seem to be doing everything by the book though i could not see your COG values to comment based on your setup. However, even if they are off, it should not give any problems till you try your first flight .

As regards the problem in question,

First make sure you do not have Mixing enabled on your transmitter. I always recommend the Naza manuals advice to use only Aero or acrobatic modes and never Heli mode.

Secondly, try using another 3 position switch on your tx and see if it helps.

Then, try programming them the other way round than how you did it in the video. 0= GPS , 1 = Atti and 2= Manual

finally , this is by the way. check and make sure that the Devo tx has failsafe functions on programmable on all channels. Some transmitters only allow failsafe to be set on 1-4 channels . these are not suitable for the Naza as your return to home failsafe function wont work.

I have heard a lot of complaints about this Walkera Devo tx and Naza, i dont know why the 2 seem temperamental to one another.

Cheers.
benchmark is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > DJI Multirotor Support > Flamewheel Multirotor Support

Flamewheel Multirotor Support Flamewheel Multirotor Support