START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Heli-Max Helicopters

Heli-Max Helicopters Heli-Max Helicopter Support

Old 02-04-2012, 07:52 PM   #1
Mark83
Registered Users

Default Hard time replacing tail pitch slider on 125CP

I'm having a really hard time replacing the tail pitch slider on my 125CP. It seems as if the ball on the tail pitch slider is too large for the socket on the tail pitch control arm. Or the socket is too small. Anyway I've already buggered one up and thought I should ask for some advice before taking out another one.
Any tips?
Mark83 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:48 PM   #2
phoenixheli
Registered Users

You are aware that all ball links have a slighter larger hole on one side and a slightly smaller one on the other?

And to clarify, did you mean the ball on the pitch slider that connects to the bell crank or the link from the push rod to the bell crank?

If you meant from the bell crank to the pitch slider ball, then yes, they are a bear to snap on sometimes.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:23 PM   #3
Mark83
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I'm referring to the part descriptions from the exploded view in the 125CP manual. Bear with me I'm new to to this.

The tail pitch slider (HMXE8454) has a ball on one side and a short rod on the other, 180 degrees apart. The tail pitch control arm (HMXE8453) has a socket on one side and a grooved section on the other. So it can only go together one way. I'm having a really hard time getting that ball into the socket. As I wrote I already buggered one up and now have another on order. I e-mailed Helimax support and the answer I got was basically "yeah that has to be a tight fit to so that there isn't any slop in the tail."
Old 02-06-2012, 07:34 PM   #4
phoenixheli
Registered Users

Ok, well atleast I understood your correctly. However, I can only concur with helimax that they simply are very tight.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:19 PM   #5
Mark83
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Okay when the new part arrives I'll give it another go. Perhaps the mold was a little off on the first one. I'm pretty good with these things so we shall see...

Thanks again for you help.

Mark
Old 03-24-2012, 02:24 AM   #6
pcsc1097
Registered Users

Smile

I had the same problem on my 125 cp. After trying to just push it in for 20 minutes, I noticed that the ball on the new slider was way to big to fit in the socket.The fix was to carefully grind the ball on the tail pitch slider down the diameter of the ball to fit in the socket on the pitch control arm. I am sure there is a better way to do it but I wanted it fixed at the time and this did the trick.

10 flights later there is no vibration and it flies like new.
pcsc1097 is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Heli-Max Helicopters

Heli-Max Helicopters Heli-Max Helicopter Support