Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR X

mSR X Blade Micro SRX Helicopters Information and Help

Old 04-06-2012, 10:31 AM   #1
UHx1xHuey
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Can you use a 500mah battery with this heli?

I am in need of new batterys and i they are all sold out or discontinued. So can you use the e-flite 500mah lipo on the mSR X? I know i would need an adapter cable and i would prabably have to mod the battery mount.

Or woul there 200mah batt work on the heli?

I dont want to burn out my motherboard on my mSR X i want to use what is safe for the heli. I just need batterys fast.
UHx1xHuey is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #2
GoodOmens
Registered Users

All E RC has the Hyperion 160mah in stock:

http://www.allerc.com/hyperion-g3-cx...ct-p-5416.html

I've ordered from them 2x before and they ship fairly quickly.
GoodOmens is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:13 PM   #3
newhelicrasher
Registered Users

Valuerc on ebay has eflights...thunder powers.....hyperion and a couole of other brands in several variations from 150 -190 and both 12c and 25c that all work with the msrx no mods plug n play.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #4
Liduno
Registered Users

Some people use the mcpx skids and the 200 mah mcpx battery, you have to make the pins a little larger to get them to stay in the frame but the 200 mah battery doesn't even break a sweat in the msrx.

The stock adapter that comes with the mcpx charger works to connect the battery to the heli.

Some people just squeeze the pins on the skids with a pair of pliers, Others use CA to build up the pin and one guy said he just slid some small heat shrink over the pin, I liked the heat shrink idea as long as you don't melt the pin in the process.

IF IT CAN'T BE FIXED WITH DENTAL FLOSS, THEN IT CAN'T BE FIXED.
Liduno is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #5
LokiNexus
Registered Users

I fly 300mah mcpx batterys and skids on mine and have no complaints at all. longer flight times and just as stable .
LokiNexus is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #6
Flatearthman
Registered Users

i would stay with the 200mah max.
the 300 mah add too much weight in my opinion, when i was waiting for my msrx to come in i bought the mcpx skids an two 300 mah batterys but the heli felt pigish to me.
but thats just my opinion
Old 04-06-2012, 09:12 PM   #7
UHx1xHuey
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I think i will order some 200MAH backs and the mCP X skids and that adapter cable.
UHx1xHuey is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:09 PM   #8
BigRHS
Registered Users

I also use the MCPX skids and 200 mah battery and get great results. I don't use CA or heat shrink or squeeze the pin. i use 2 very small rubber bands to hold the skids on. One in the front and one in the back. Almost no extra weight, and the rubber bands almost act like springs. the pins fit a little loosely in the frame which actually allows a little movement when i do crash and the rubber bands hold the skids in place but also allow a little give. Since i started using the bands, i haven't broke 1 single set of skids..........yet !
Now i will probably brake 3 or 4 since i said that....lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DX8, 1 Brushless MSRX, 1-130X, Venom TX case
BigRHS is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:13 PM   #9
Liduno
Registered Users

Nice!

Old 04-08-2012, 01:15 AM   #10
newhelicrasher
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRHS View Post
I also use the MCPX skids and 200 mah battery and get great results. I don't use CA or heat shrink or squeeze the pin. i use 2 very small rubber bands to hold the skids on. One in the front and one in the back. Almost no extra weight, and the rubber bands almost act like springs. the pins fit a little loosely in the frame which actually allows a little movement when i do crash and the rubber bands hold the skids in place but also allow a little give. Since i started using the bands, i haven't broke 1 single set of skids..........yet !
Now i will probably brake 3 or 4 since i said that....lol

I am still on my original set of stock MSRX skids. I have broken 4 sets of blade grips, one set of main blades and one swash arm but never a skid and I have had some serious crashes at full throttle into walls, furniture, chain link fences, pavement etc.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:09 AM   #11
zzyzx
Registered Users

I haven't tried a battery that big myself, however in my opinion 300mah batteries make the msrx sluggish, too heavy. I have been running the 240mah 25c cells that came with the genius and feel this is the best size for this heli. Handles well with good flight duration. Don't forget to mind the motor temp with larger cells, these motors aren't exactly reliable. I had a few fail in less than 10 flights when pushed hard (back to back 300mah while fighting the wind).

Also, touch a hot soldering iron or lighter to the tips of the pegs for a tighter fit, this fix is leaps and bounds better than any other I tried. Do it once and never think about it again.
zzyzx is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:49 AM   #12
msrxnewb
Registered Users

i just got my MiniAviation 190MaH Batteries, they last for ages about 6mins long. they are the same size as the normal eflite ones. so no modification needed and it doesnt add as much weight. its 20GBP for 5 batteries and free shipping, thought was a pretty good deal. My LHS sells turnigy batteries for $10NZD each, thats about 5GBP each and they dont even last as long.
msrxnewb is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:40 PM   #13
kelleyda
Registered Users

Here is a little tip on getting the skids from the mcp-x to fit on the msr-x. Cut the band of a disposable cloth face mask. The material is a stretchy rubber cloth mix. Cut it long enough so that a little material sticks out. Wrap it around and cup the pins. Then slide it up into the mounts. It acts like a Chinese finger puzzle and will not release the pins until you grab the cloth material and pull it out with the pins.
kelleyda is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:04 PM   #14
Liduno
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleyda View Post
Here is a little tip on getting the skids from the mcp-x to fit on the msr-x. Cut the band of a disposable cloth face mask. The material is a stretchy rubber cloth mix. Cut it long enough so that a little material sticks out. Wrap it around and cup the pins. Then slide it up into the mounts. It acts like a Chinese finger puzzle and will not release the pins until you grab the cloth material and pull it out with the pins.
Nice.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR X

mSR X Blade Micro SRX Helicopters Information and Help