Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
GTSz
Registered Users

Default T Rex 450 electronics needed

So I picked up a new in box 450 Pro that someone took all the electronics out of. No servos, motor, or anything. I picked it up on Ebay for $175 so I don't think it was to bad of a deal, or if it was let me know what you guys think.

Anyway I need these parts and I figured going this route would allow me to upgrade from stock. I'm doing this on a bit of a budget and I don't have a transmitter yet either, but what do you guys recomend for a motor and servos? I see in the instructions there are 3 small servos and one large one. Also what do you recomend for a gyro and throttle control etc.?

I was reading another thead about the motors and saw the 450MX seemed a good choice, it's like $45, but others were talking about some cheaper motors for under $20. Reading some reviews it sounded like the Align motors weren't always the most reliable but then some say the cheap ones aren't either and other say they've had better luck with the cheap ones. Give me some feedback on these and what would be a good route to go.

I guess I should also mention I'm a newbe and this is my first CP heli so while I may not need super high end powerful stuff now I want to get some decent stuff that I can grow into and not have to upgrade later as my skills increase.

Thanks so much for all your help!
Geoff
GTSz is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.