Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 100 Class Electric Helicopters

100 Class Electric Helicopters 100 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:40 AM   #1
firedude52
Registered Users

Default Trex 100s hands off hovering - video

The 100's get such a bad rap and yes out of the box Align didn't due well at all, but with a little TLC, trimming and such you can tame them down into nice little flyer's. First thing I did was put on a msr tail rotor blade and chucked the stock one. That alone really tamed the wild tail down. Once I did that it took a wee bit of time adjusting the swash and playing with the trim I got it down to a really great flying little heli. Mine are both the 100s models. Here is a video of my first one flying indoors in a very confined space in an RV (my work shop lol) and hovering hands off. Outdoors with no wind it's finally a blast to fly. Just takes a little patience and work, something Align should have done in the first place. I figured if I could handle it in such a confined space and hover hands off outdoors would be a blast as it is. Once again they don't handler any wind so they are calm day flyer's. Here's the video and it's best watched in High Def if your computer/connection will handle it.

firedude52 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:20 AM   #2
Titan2010
Registered Users

Hey I have the trex 100x. Not sure yet what they changed on it from the s model but i was wondering if the mod you did will help me tame my heli? and also what did you do to the swash? I just got the eflight g4 and i can hover on there and mess around but having some what keeping my heli up and stable. I can some what fly out doors with no wind but really sloppy and every where with hard crashing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Titan2010 is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 100 Class Electric Helicopters

100 Class Electric Helicopters 100 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.