Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 02:50 AM   #101
andione1983
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrayonBox View Post
Hi Rex,
If you feel you have done things wrong in your life you can be relieved of these wrong doings by handing them over to Jesus, and then you will be freed. Ask for His forgiveness. Pray this with your wife.
My first marriage was an immature mistake when I look back - and she wanted to change me. It doesn't work that way.
The woman I live with now is my second wife too. She has no interest in RC Helicopters. We have been married nearly 11 years.
Last week I ask her to have a go at my flight simulator and try and fly the helicopter. (so she could see how hard it is). She said she wasn't interested - but I insisted. Then she said, would you like to play my computer game? (she has a favorite game she plays). She made a good point - no I did not want to play her 'game'.

So we don't all have the same interests, even as married couples. The wife really just wants time alone together once or more a week doing something simple like a walk, dinner out, or going to a show or the movies. Quality time - some people like to call a weekly date night.
Save your marriage - if you really love each other - it will certainly be worth it.

All the best Rex. We'll be praying for you! Jesus already loves you - all you have to do is acknowledge his goodness once in a while.
i really love the good common sense advice here... i really appreciate the quality of help available also, just reading it is probably good for us all to read and have re-implanted into our minds, i know personally i do get rather too deeply involved each night, in my helis.. and building etc.. so yeah very good advice i say we all learn something from whats been said and advice given thanks guys..
Old 04-17-2012, 07:13 AM   #102
JesusFreak
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbheliusr View Post
Thank you very much sir. I am not highly religious but I do believe. I'm a very simple person and have done a lot of things I deeply regret. I can't change any of it, and looking back I probably wouldn't as I would not be where I am now and the person I am. I dearly love my kids and my current wife. Tonight we sat and just talked and had fun. I know that god is there and that my mother, brother, dad and grandparents are there in heaven. I believe that. My wife is truly a wonderful woman. She supports me in this hobby and only says something when my spending gets a bit out of hand. And when she does say something she is always kind. She fully supports me. If it makes me happy she is happy. She has no interest in flying but yet supports me. We just need to spend time together. I get a bit lonely from time to time. I never want to lose her. And I have heard a lot of good advice here that I will put into practice immediately.

I honestly never thought I'd get this reaction from this thread. But helifreak is much more than a heli community. It's is full of people who care about not just heli's but people too. And that's a great thing. I consider all of you friends. God bless all of you and helifreak for bringing us together.

Thank you all. Please close this thread. Things are going to be ok now.

Rex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rex,

Stop beating yourself up over the past. If you believe in Christ, He's already forgiven you for those sins and mistakes. Start from today. What can you do to improve things for the people around you? What can you do to let your wife know you really love her? Can you reach out to your kids without expecting anything in return?

As for being simple. God uses simple people. Most of the disciples were fisherman. The first people the angels proclaimed the birth of Christ to were shepherds. King David was an adulterer. Moses was a murderer. Abraham had a child with his maid against God's will. Jonah ran when God told him where he needed to go. There's a Christian comedian whose saying is "God uses Cracked Pots.". It's funny, but it's true. Step one, admit your a cracked pot. Step two, understand that the Lord created you and can overcome your faults, all you have to do is ask and be willing.

It's an old cliche, but true: Today is the first day of the rest of your life! Do your best to make it count and have fun!

God bless!
Lee
Old 04-17-2012, 07:26 AM   #103
bart2546
Registered Users

Lots of good responses in here. My 2 cents is simple. It takes love AND work to make a relationship, no matter the level. Just like in a 9 - 5 job, finding the right compromises, processes, and mediums can be taxing but when you get through it and implement the results it's rewarding and then it's time to find another area to improve on.

That to me is key, just like anything else there's always room for improvement. If you keep that in mind you won't get complacent and you'll always have a fire under your butt to keep things going strong and make them better. You learn from your mistakes as long as you pay attention.

Good luck to you and may the best come out of your situation.

Regards,
Brandon Bartolomucci
Sent from my iPhone
Synergy N5c & E5
Old 04-17-2012, 07:30 AM   #104
Train Fixer
Registered Users

Quote:
Stop beating yourself up over the past. If you believe in Christ, He's already forgiven you for those sins and mistakes.
Remember Christ already died for your sins, you were just getting your moneys worth. It would be real a shame if he died for nothing now wouldn't it.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:29 AM   #105
wanderer56
Registered Users

My HF Map location

WOW Rex! The hits are still coming in! I didn't chime in earlier because it seems like you have plenty of advice already.

I'm on my third go round. Like they say, "The third time is a charm". I found a keeper for sure. Bottom line is follow your heart. Know thy self. If you love the girl and she loves you, then it will work out.

I find it interesting the first place you turned for comfort, venting or advice was.......yep Helifreak! We're here for you buddy!
Old 04-17-2012, 08:33 AM   #106
laminarjack
Registered Users

So, are you selling your stuff or not?
Old 04-17-2012, 08:39 AM   #107
Bob O
HF Support

My HF Map location

Rex,

You can close your own thread when you feel it's time. It will have to be moved to OT now, but I'll leave a permanent re-direct just for you.

I'm glad to hear things are better today.

Bob
OmG servos
Futaba 14SG
Old 04-17-2012, 08:39 AM   #108
wanderer56
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by laminarjack View Post
Man...... there's one in every crowd!
Old 04-17-2012, 08:50 AM   #109
pjuran
Registered Users

Hang in there brother! Time cures all wounds!
Old 04-17-2012, 09:08 AM   #110
tntburnett
Blade Forum Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by laminarjack View Post
He said don't ask if im selling my stuff on the 1st page. Have some respect.

Be blessed
Isaac

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

KBDD, BL mcpx ultra, 700e, BeastX 7200, 3g,
GOD BLESS
Old 04-17-2012, 09:11 AM   #111
tntburnett
Blade Forum Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusFreak View Post
Rex,

Stop beating yourself up over the past. If you believe in Christ, He's already forgiven you for those sins and mistakes. Start from today. What can you do to improve things for the people around you? What can you do to let your wife know you really love her? Can you reach out to your kids without expecting anything in return?

As for being simple. God uses simple people. Most of the disciples were fisherman. The first people the angels proclaimed the birth of Christ to were shepherds. King David was an adulterer. Moses was a murderer. Abraham had a child with his maid against God's will. Jonah ran when God told him where he needed to go. There's a Christian comedian whose saying is "God uses Cracked Pots.". It's funny, but it's true. Step one, admit your a cracked pot. Step two, understand that the Lord created you and can overcome your faults, all you have to do is ask and be willing.

It's an old cliche, but true: Today is the first day of the rest of your life! Do your best to make it count and have fun!

God bless!
Lee
+1 well said

Be blessed
Isaac

GOD BLESS
Old 04-17-2012, 09:25 AM   #112
tntburnett
Blade Forum Support

Rex always put God first in what you do. He said if you take one step I will take two so let him take those two for you and let him work it out for you.

He may not come when you want him too but he's always on time.

Be blessed
Isaac

GOD BLESS
Closed Thread

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please