Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:10 PM   #1
UAV_PILOT
Registered Users

Default Can you get the 250 in a FBL version?

Does the 250 combo come in a FBL version?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
UAV_PILOT is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:10 AM   #2
Madryan
Registered Users

Never seen it yet..even the pro....just get a mikado Vstabi upgrade head parts kit..its cheap and all you need to do is put a mini vbar and yer off...or some other cheaper form of vbar ... mikado upgrade for teh head is about $35 AUD off top of my head..
Madryan is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:27 AM   #3
UAV_PILOT
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Does flybarless even make that big of a difference on something as small as the 250?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
UAV_PILOT is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:41 AM   #4
Madryan
Registered Users

Yes just liek any other heli...in my opinion that is.. i only own one FB heli now ...and teh best thing with FBL even if people argue it on a heli that small is simply the maintenance ...its almost NIL as opposed to maintaining teh FB head ..teh 250 is notoriousfor getting out of whack, and getting vibrations etc...less parts less care less stress and more time flying trouble free... its all diff of opinion but soon enough kits wont even coem out with flybars...i still love building a FB head an dsetting it up on teh bigger heli but just not worth the time and effort if you just want to get out and fly..and crash rebuilds... so much less damaging on the wallet man...

cheers
Madryan is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:17 AM   #5
khoysagk
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have flown both flybar and flybarless 250's and I think it's definately worth it. The heli is less twitchy and a lot more stable. Of course it has to be set up right. I love flybarless and will never own a flybarred heli again. JMO of course.
khoysagk is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:40 PM   #6
65L88
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoysagk View Post
I have flown both flybar and flybarless 250's and I think it's definately worth it. The heli is less twitchy and a lot more stable. Of course it has to be set up right. I love flybarless and will never own a flybarred heli again. JMO of course.
+1! No comparison in my opinion.....
65L88 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:42 PM   #7
Harbormaster
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAV_PILOT View Post
Does flybarless even make that big of a difference on something as small as the 250?
It's a bigger difference than a bigger helis, especially in wind.
Harbormaster is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:46 PM   #8
skyrotor
Registered Users

Somewhere I read the FBL version of 250 is coming out next month or two. It will have a torque tube instead of belt. Forgot where I read that from. But I remember seeing a picture of it.
skyrotor is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:36 AM   #9
litehawkdown
Registered Users

I fell in love with my FB 250 today all over again. People saying it is twitchy gave me the impression that it was normal to constantly be on the sticks. I was having a problem with trim settings and someone told me to calibrate my TX. Wow what a difference. I have a steadier bird then expected. I am so glad I posted that question. Until then I only was concerned with the tail hold as a way to gauge my build. I don't have a ton of experience or models to compare to. But my FB 250 now feels way more steadier and precise then my FBL MCPX.
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:09 AM   #10
Ron~FordTech
Registered Users

I've seen a thread on calibrating the tx on here...but I seem to recall that it was a bit complicated. Can you list the steps and/or post a link to the steps you successfully followed, please & thank you?
Ron~FordTech is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:16 AM   #11
JoeW
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrotor View Post
Somewhere I read the FBL version of 250 is coming out next month or two. It will have a torque tube instead of belt. Forgot where I read that from. But I remember seeing a picture of it.
It's not been officially announced yet, so there's no telling what the time frame will be like. There have been some 'spy shots' of it, and a rendering but no official word from Align yet.

Keep an eye on Align's online product list at http://www.align.com.tw once you see it there, *then* it will be a month or two before it's in shops.

I like a lot of the design changes on the Pro, and with my Pro/3GX build, the changes are certainly geared at improving the 3GX fit. My bet is that the 250 FBL Pro will have all of the current Pro components, plus the TT and DFC head as stock.

Remember, anything that comes up before it's on the Align page is purely speculation. There are a lot of other products that were teased months ago that still haven't made it to official release yet. One example is the 3GX bluetooth module... Align said a year ago that it would be released 'Soon'... that product still doesn't exist.
DX8 + Telemetery on all
JoeW is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:24 AM   #12
JoeW
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron~FordTech View Post
I've seen a thread on calibrating the tx on here...but I seem to recall that it was a bit complicated. Can you list the steps and/or post a link to the steps you successfully followed, please & thank you?
The thread that discusses that: http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=406833
DX8 + Telemetery on all
JoeW is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.