Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X Brushless Mods

mCP X Brushless Mods Blade Micro CPx Brushless Mods and Conversions

Old 04-25-2012, 02:36 PM   #21
testle
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mCP_X View Post
Hi testle
every thing looks good , this is the only thing i see that makes me worry , might just be the photo

Thanks for pointing it out, It is just a small solder ball on top of solder flux residue which I cleaned after I took pics ( see other pic) but the result is same: Connect did not complete
testle is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #22
nartac
Registered Users

@testle. I have seen the same error before. It maybe because you may have soldered the point to wrong spot. I would really recommend getting wires that have different colors. My suggestion is to double check your work. Trace all your wires if they are going to the right spots ie white going to white spots and so on as per sskraug pics. I think that may be the problem.
nartac is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:35 PM   #23
testle
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nartac View Post
@testle. I have seen the same error before. It maybe because you may have soldered the point to wrong spot. I would really recommend getting wires that have different colors. My suggestion is to double check your work. Trace all your wires if they are going to the right spots ie white going to white spots and so on as per sskraug pics. I think that may be the problem.
I did use servo wires for connecting, but they are thick, and you're running a risk of breaking off the ESC pads ( which I did for my first one)
Old 04-25-2012, 03:41 PM   #24
testle
Registered Users

I went ahead and let the sofware program the toolstick after few second of which there was a dialog said something like "writing firmware blocks", I hit the connect box and getting this:

and ended up with this:

And it keeps going like that for like million times
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_04 Apr. 25 16.27.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	311127   Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_05 Apr. 25 16.27.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	311128  
Old 04-25-2012, 04:23 PM   #25
Vizzion
Registered Users

I had similar issues when I first tried, it ended up being that that one of the metal legs that you solder to on the toolstick had slightly raised, I traced it back to the leg on the chip and soldered it there instead and it fixed the problem - maybe check that?
Old 04-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #26
mCP_X
Registered Users

Quote:
and ended up with this
Hi
Both of those dialog boxes are new to me , When i flashed my second ESC ( XP-3A ) in BLHeliSetup , It recognizes the ESC and preselects the HEX ( 2.4 ) for you , but I got a box saying that zero bit was set . and it wouldn't write the HEX , SO i overrode it's selection and had it use the older Hex files ( 2.1 ) and that worked fine , I then went back and it would flash 2.4 fine

I would be trying another ESC if i had one . Cut your magnet wire in the middle and add three pin plugs to both ends . Then you can build up another ESC with a matching plug . This will let you switch back and forth between the two .

That way if the second ESC works , you can pop the first back in easily .

PS: Just was looking at your second error message , "connect didn't complete " , and that makes it sound like the connection started but erred out .
mCP_X is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:16 PM   #27
testle
Registered Users

One positive thing to lighten up my mood now: have you guys notice that the close up pics look pretty good . Supprisingly, I used a mytouch 4G phone to take picture, and I didn't expect the pictures come out this good
Old 04-25-2012, 05:55 PM   #28
mCP_X
Registered Users

Quote:
One positive thing to lighten up my mood now: have you guys notice that the close up pics look pretty good . Supprisingly, I used a mytouch 4G phone to take picture, and I didn't expect the pictures come out this good
That phone takes great macro photos . You get used to seeing these ESCs blown up on the screen , and it is easy to forget how freaking tiny they are .
mCP_X is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:56 PM   #29
honkytown
Registered Users

Don't use the USB-Cable that was shipped with the toolstick, connect to your pc without it, don't use USB-Hubs, try another USB-Port. Sorry if you already done this and i overlooked it.
TRex 250 Pro DFC BeastX w/ Gov. BLHeli@v9.4 // 6s stretched MiniProtos
honkytown is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X Brushless Mods

mCP X Brushless Mods Blade Micro CPx Brushless Mods and Conversions