START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mQX

mQX Blade mQX Quad Helicopters Information and Help

Old 04-25-2012, 03:47 PM   #1
Crashtown
Registered Users

Default Vibration issue with Video

I bought one of the 808 key chain cam's and I have serious vibration issues with filming. I changed all for rotors and inspected all the carbon shafts. I did noticed 3 of the 4 thruster booms seemed more fragile when twisted from side to side. Pulled all 4 out and didn't noticed any cracks. Any ideas?

Thanks
Crashtown is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:07 PM   #2
koko76
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashtown View Post
I bought one of the 808 key chain cam's and I have serious vibration issues with filming. I changed all for rotors and inspected all the carbon shafts. I did noticed 3 of the 4 thruster booms seemed more fragile when twisted from side to side. Pulled all 4 out and didn't noticed any cracks. Any ideas?

Thanks
Balance anything that spins, and try to vibration isolate the camera. This is difficult as the camera doesn't have that much mass, and thus is harder to damp. You could strap the main battery to the camera, and try and isolate the two of them. The battery would add more mass, making it more resistant to movement.
I'm currently waiting on a similar cam, I'll let you know how mine turns out.
koko76 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:35 PM   #3
Crashtown
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I currently have the camera stuck with velcro underneath the battery tray. Should I move it to the top of the canopy or try another fastening method?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-25-2012, 05:57 PM   #4
koko76
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashtown View Post
I currently have the camera stuck with velcro underneath the battery tray. Should I move it to the top of the canopy or try another fastening method?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Again, it's about isolation. The camera has little mass compared to the quad as a whole. Putting it on the canopy won't help. Combining the mass of the battery and camera gives you more of a chance. Velcro is not bad, but there are foam gyro mounting tapes that will do better. I have used rubber iso mounts in larger quads they look like rubber donuts. Mcmaster carr has several kinds.
koko76 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:26 PM   #5
Crashtown
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by koko76 View Post
Again, it's about isolation. The camera has little mass compared to the quad as a whole. Putting it on the canopy won't help. Combining the mass of the battery and camera gives you more of a chance. Velcro is not bad, but there are foam gyro mounting tapes that will do better. I have used rubber iso mounts in larger quads they look like rubber donuts. Mcmaster carr has several kinds.
Issue solved. I decided to use a zip tie to help fasten it down more. It worked!

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mQX

mQX Blade mQX Quad Helicopters Information and Help