START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCX

mCX Blade (eFlite) Micro CX Helicopters Information and Help

Old 02-24-2012, 10:29 AM   #1
burnoutboy
Registered Users

Default Video Review: Initial thought on the Microheli mCX2 CNC frame

PM me for your soldering and mSR X BL build needs.
burnoutboy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:27 PM   #2
burnoutboy
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Upon closer inspection the hole for the CFtail is in fact ROUND... the tail is square. HMMMMMMMMM.

And here's a close up of the motor and gear that clearly shows the huge gap between the two.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:47 PM   #3
MrRoboHeli
Registered Users

Try the mCX S300 tail boom instead of the standard mCX tail boom. The S300 is slightly rounded because it has to fit the tail decorations on it.

As for the motor placement problem, mine currently does not seem to have that problem. I don't know if it's an issue with the motor I have or if my fiddling with the frame bent it slightly to make things fit...
MrRoboHeli is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:11 PM   #4
newhelicrasher
Registered Users

Could just be a bad frame.....seems most other people like theirs. Did you contact microheli about a frame replacement?

The round hole thing on the other hand.....drop of elmers glue on your boom and let dry.....that will fill any slack.

Edit: glue on the end of the boom and let dry before inserting into frame.....dont glue it to the frame lol
Old 03-25-2012, 12:54 AM   #5
Pfloyd
Registered Users

My HF Map location

BLING!!! BLING!!! BLING!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
USAF RETIRED 1968-1988 Vietnam Veteran
Pfloyd is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:11 PM   #6
MrRoboHeli
Registered Users

Ha ha! It sure does look nice. It also won't warp if the motors get hot and serves as a very nice heat sink in general.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:48 PM   #7
Pfloyd
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Great paper weight too! LOL!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:04 AM   #8
newhelicrasher
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfloyd View Post
Great paper weight too! LOL!
I get that you are not a fan of the aluminum fan? Lol

I dig it personally
Old 03-26-2012, 07:25 AM   #9
Pfloyd
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Adds too much weight and does put a strain on the motor....the swash is the only part that I would consider. Have one for my mcx as well as the inner shaft.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:34 PM   #10
newhelicrasher
Registered Users

Quote:
Adds too much weight and does put a strain on the motor....the swash is the only part that I would consider. Have one for my mcx as well as the inner shaft.
I guese it is designed to be used in conjunction with all their other upgrades. I believe it was a thread from another member on this forumabout the weight of all the upgrades...some parts weighed a small portion less and others slightly more and I believe he said the net weight gain with all the parts combines was roughly 2 grams.

So heavie ....yes. Matters.much...I doubt it. I jist hung 2 1 gram paper clips off my skids and flew around....performance decrease was 0.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:04 PM   #11
MrRoboHeli
Registered Users

Quote:
Hmmm...if you're using the CNC mainframe with a stock canopy I guess I could see that. BUT....I weighed my full modded mcx2 with all MicroHeli parts and no tail canopy (just a S300 boom) and it weighed ~ 1.5 grams less than my stock mcx2... See the link below for my mods:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=312
Old 03-27-2012, 04:06 PM   #12
burnoutboy
Registered Users

I've said it before, I'll say it again and RKH's site PROVES it. On our tiny micros the weight gain from CNC parts is MINIMAL at best and in some cases, as with the mSR X blade grips the CNC part is lighter than the stock plastic one. Do the research before you recycle bad info!

BTW

Advantage finally agreed to refund me through amazon. I sent it back to them on my dime but they took the hit on the original shippig to their credit.

MicroHeli finally got a look at the video and emailed me saying maybe it wan't my fault afterall and they sent me a new frame at no cost to me. SO I ended up with a free frame for my troubles. Not sure if it fits yet as I've been playing with my mSR X too much LOL. It kinda left a bad taste in my mouth though. All my mSR X upgrades have been RKH.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:39 AM   #13
newhelicrasher
Registered Users

Yeah too bad RKH doesn't make stuff for the mcx2 as well. Although I do not own any microheli products yet I have a hard time imagining them being as nice as the RHK parts....but then again RHK doesn't have any blue and I am a sucker for blue aluminum parts. I guess that's a left over side effect from racing rc cars back in the day. LOL.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:52 AM   #14
burnoutboy
Registered Users

I gotta say I'm about 90% happy with the replacement they sent me.

1) The tail still needs filing to fit but mine was already filed so it was no big deal.

2) I had to use a dab of CA Gel to get the front landing skid tab to stay in, the rear was still tight as all get out but I'd rather it be tight than too loose.

3) Gear mesh was perfect.

4) The holes for the body mounting rods were HUGE on this one. Had to use a dab of CA Gel on each to get them to not allow the canopy to just slide side to side.

5) The CNC frame allows for a little more slack between the lower gear and the collar than the stock one does. This can easily be remedied by filing the flat spot on the CF main shaft so it goes SLIGHTLY higher up.

That said it flies REALLY nicely now and looks amazing.

After getting refunded by the Amazon seller and getting a free one from MicroHeli I'm pretty happy with the final product... that said I probably would NOT buy one new knowing what I now know about their quality control on these.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCX

mCX Blade (eFlite) Micro CX Helicopters Information and Help