Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:17 AM   #1
OfficialCrashTester
Registered Users

Default Placed my 3gx under the heli (position 1)... is that the best position?

I am starting to regret deciding to put the 3gx under the heli. I am sure that it will be fine once it is all set up, but at the moment its very annoying. Especially going through DIR setup!

Has anybody else placed their 3gx under the heli? Should I move it on top?
Own a Dx8 or Dx7s? Check out https://sites.google.com/site/txprofilemanager/
OfficialCrashTester is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #2
fuzzyllamma
Registered Users

Yeah its a b*tch if you mount it inside the heli for initial setup. Its better though to have it inside the heli i find for aesthetics and to protect it from smashing if u go in while inverted. Most of the time it survives but i have cracked the casing on my beastx in a crash while it was mounted on the gyro pad.
fuzzyllamma is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:09 PM   #3
ChopperNoob
Registered Users

I found if you sit the heli on a small mirror you can see what's going on with the lights on the 3gx. You can feel for the set button without picking up the heli but it's the lights that are hard to see without a mirror. I mounted mine in the frame and yes it was a bit more fiddly but also it's a lot more protected, looks better and let me mount my sattelite on the top of the arb. Looks neat, does the job and flies great!

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.