Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

Old 05-03-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
banditpowdercoat
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Hyperion 720iNET3 AD input voltage? Mr mel??

Hi, I am building a power supply, 24V, and am wondering on my charger. I see online they say 10.5-29V input. But on mine it says 10.5-15v input. Was there 2 input models made? I got mine last summer from RChelicanada. Should have been a new version as I had to wait for him to recieve stock.
main reason I ask is I can only get 116W charge out of it on 12V power supply. It's supposed to be 150W!!! Doesn't sound like much, but I am a person who wants to use what I pay for. There have been a couple other issues with this charger but the icing on the cake is if it's not even close to its stated output? presently charging 6s packs, right now it is 24V*4.8A=115.2W. Voltage goes up, the current will drop, Set for 10A input but wont get close.
"Tri-Flow"
I put that S*** on everything!"
banditpowdercoat is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:09 AM   #2
MrMel
V-BAR Guru

I cant really say about production, I have nothing to do with that, mine is 15v max.
Mine does 146watt at 14.3v so I guess it scales up like the others, but I'm not sure that's on purpose, can drop a mail to them and see if I get any answer, cant promise though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MrMel is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #3
banditpowdercoat
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

OK, Thx. maybe thats it? I'm running 12.9V on a non adjustable PC Supply?? I'll have to double confirm on the truck with the Engine running see if the charge watts go up.

Guess I'm ordering a 306B soon tho LOL. I am tired of waitin! HAHAHA Need more AMPS!
"Tri-Flow"
I put that S*** on everything!"
banditpowdercoat is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:59 PM   #4
wanderer56
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I e-mailed Ready Heli about the same thing. They said no, even though the v5.52 firmware now allows the input voltage selection to go above 15V, apparently the internal electronics are not rated fro 24v. I would love for that not to be the case. I'm set at 2c for a 2600mah pack and can get 5.2 amps using a Protek 250 watt PS @ 13.8v. I'd like to here what Hyperion says also. I looked but could not find an e-mail address for Hyperion.

My Pulse batteries specs say you can go up to 5c. Not sure I would want to get that high, (I'd need a higher amp PS) but it would be nice to go to 2.5-3c.
wanderer56 is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please