Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:09 AM   #1
mattijs
Registered Users

Default 450 pro v1 not really powerfull (450m motor TP65c pack)

I've been flying the pro a couple of years now. Started out with hyperion 2100 batts because they were the only batts at that time i could obtain easily and were marketed as 5C charge capable (i almost exclusively fast charge my lipos the last years because it seems more economical to only have one and abuse it and then the next year get a new one as opposed to buying alot and trying to fly them longer)

My pro never had as much power as what i had seen in the Bert show off movies. I blamed the batteries as they weren't as high C as what Bert used when the pro came out.

I now finally have a thunder power pro 65C pack but still don't have as much power as what you can see in the bert Kemmerer movies. Apparently he uses the 450sp motor while i have the 450m that came stock on my kit.

Is there anybody who has the 450sp with the pro or was that just something he got and nobody else?
Is it my flying or is that motor more powerfull? He can really do sideways tic tocs for the whole pack continuously and while i understand he might be an order of magnitude better with collective management i'm seriously starting to doubt he could do the same with my setup. Tic tocs really really bog mine down while i don't have problems doing them with my 250 now it has a 65c 850 pack.

What do you guys think. Would it be worth going up a tooth on the pinion (which is now still stock) or will that just make things worse?
mattijs is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:38 AM   #2
chrismechanic
Registered Users

My HF Map location

you could try the slightly more powerful 450mx motor...or go with something else like a scorpion motor for instance...
going up a pinion size will just make it worse..you will have more headspeed but less torque so it will bog much easier.
i cant do tic-tocks very well for real with my 450...im bad with my collective management and i bog the head down too much...
chris
chrismechanic is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:45 AM   #3
satgod
Registered Users

My HF Map location

add 1 tooth to your pinion gear
if your running a 13t run a 14tooth

it will wear on the motor faster but your batteries should push it fine

as chris said a new motor would be a good fix
the 2221-8 is a good choice it has all around power/torque about equal and it can be run on 4s were it really shines

if your not stuck to 3s packs I would switch over to a 6s system with a 1860-2000kv motor

if you need to save some money and from your packs I would say thats a no but if you do HK has a 4400kv motor that will perform like the 2221-8 its 15.00 but you can no run 4s on that motor
X-8 FPV Wing, TBS Discovery FPV, TBS Caipirinha FPV
satgod is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #4
chan
Registered Users

Most powerful train is 2221-6 13T or 450XF 15T with 65C batteries. you don't need anymore.
I also been flying 450pro few years, I gradually realize how important collective management is. I can't fly like bert, but menuevers better and better as skills goes up.
chan is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:10 AM   #5
mattijs
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chan View Post
Most powerful train is 2221-6 13T or 450XF 15T with 65C batteries. you don't need anymore.
I also been flying 450pro few years, I gradually realize how important collective management is. I can't fly like bert, but menuevers better and better as skills goes up.
I know you are right...i've been doing tic tocs for years now and they never cease to get smoother and better...still...with a little extra power it is soo easy and still i am 90 percent sure my 450 pro lacks the power Bert's has...I was just wondering what other people with the 450 pro were thinking.

I think i am flying the 15 tooth pinion already and i don't htink i've ever seen a 16tooth somewhere.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:25 AM   #6
mattijs
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chan View Post
I know you are right...i've been doing tic tocs for years now and they never cease to get smoother and better...still...with a little extra power it is soo easy and still i am 90 percent sure my 450 pro lacks the power Bert's has...I was just wondering what other people with the 450 pro were thinking.

I think i am flying the 15 tooth pinion already and i don't htink i've ever seen a 16tooth somewhere.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.