START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters

Walkera Helicopters Walkera Helicopter Support

Old 05-04-2012, 04:11 PM   #1
rawhog
Registered Users

Default Radio choice

I am about to buy a Walkera v200d01. I sort of have the choice of one with a wk2403 radio, or one with a 2402d DEVO radio. I'm new to these types of radios. Which is better to buy?
rawhog is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:19 AM   #2
crf69
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawhog View Post
I am about to buy a Walkera v200d01. I sort of have the choice of one with a wk2403 radio, or one with a 2402d DEVO radio. I'm new to these types of radios. Which is better to buy?
i have 4 of these brand new basically.

le me know if you want one in a pm.wk2403. 2403 because a FP doesnt require all the extra settings.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
crf69 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:58 AM   #3
zadaw
Registered Users

Definitely go with the Devo system. There is every chance that the WK system will be discontinued soon. Shop in Hong Kong no longer carry the WK system.
zadaw is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:24 AM   #4
Silver-techie
Registered Users

I'd say it really depends perhaps on if you want to buy other Walkera helicopters.

Both TX are going to offer the same 4 channel features. So to me, it doesn't really matter (perhaps the cheaper if budget is a concern), especially if that is the only Walkera heli your interested in.

Now... you will have a dilemma if you end up being interested in other Walkera products, which I basically fell into.

To help you understand, I have 2 4 channel , 2 6 channel walkera tx's. Which is a pain when you can easy get those transmitters mixed up unless you label them. However, I should have done more research earlier before I got into the hobby.

So.. what happened in my case, I ended up with a 2801 TX. Which allows me to have helicopter profiles. In other words, I could have 8 different helicopters programed in one transmitter.

Since Walkera is now pushing Devo products, it might be best to invest in a nice one in all TX first, and buy helicopters BNF for that TX. I'm still on the other side, so I can't fly any new Devo product, unless they sell the same thing that compatible to my 2801 TX.

This all boils down, in what you really want to do on a future basis in if you want to continue with other WK helicopters.
Erazor 450 (2801 rx) 2750kv | EXI 450 Pro (2702V rx) FBL Tri-Blade head 3500kv AKE | V450 Walkera (2702V rx) 3950kv Turbo ACE 804 | 4F200 & 4F200LM | V200DQ02 & V200D02 | V120D02 & V120D05 | 250 CopterX | 250 EXI FBL | Genius - WK2801
Silver-techie is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:32 AM   #5
zadaw
Registered Users

The issue is that Walkera may stop production of Wk compatible receivers altogether. So that if your receiver is damaged, you may not be able to buy a replacement and thus the heli is unflyable. However, I have not heard it happened with the V200D01, although this happens quite often with some Walkera CPs.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #6
Silver-techie
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
The issue is that Walkera may stop production of Wk compatible receivers altogether. So that if your receiver is damaged, you may not be able to buy a replacement and thus the heli is unflyable. However, I have not heard it happened with the V200D01, although this happens quite often with some Walkera CPs.
Just to clarify, I was just explaining where I stand, and how I got to that point. So I was suggesting an all in one transmitter. And I did say it perhaps best to go with devo, if your getting started.

But on a personal note, for me, I'm not switching. WowHobbies is basically my USA Walkera distributor. As long as I can find support from them on 2801 products, they pretty much have my business. Other then that, I'm not changing over to the Devo, since it would be too expensive to do.

However, I know it can be easy enough to convert my WK heli's to the devo if I win the lotto or something.
Erazor 450 (2801 rx) 2750kv | EXI 450 Pro (2702V rx) FBL Tri-Blade head 3500kv AKE | V450 Walkera (2702V rx) 3950kv Turbo ACE 804 | 4F200 & 4F200LM | V200DQ02 & V200D02 | V120D02 & V120D05 | 250 CopterX | 250 EXI FBL | Genius - WK2801
Silver-techie is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:56 AM   #7
zadaw
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-techie View Post
Just to clarify, I was just explaining where I stand, and how I got to that point. So I was suggesting an all in one transmitter. And I did say it perhaps best to go with devo, if your getting started.

But on a personal note, for me, I'm not switching. WowHobbies is basically my USA Walkera distributor. As long as I can find support from them on 2801 products, they pretty much have my business. Other then that, I'm not changing over to the Devo, since it would be too expensive to do.

However, I know it can be easy enough to convert my WK heli's to the devo if I win the lotto or something.
I have two 2801 pros and waited till the last minute over here before I switched. Vendors here carry much lower stock levels than in the US and therefore any changes by Walkera are felt much more quickly. I am not going to get rid of my 2801 pro or converting helis to the Devo system at the moment.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters

Walkera Helicopters Walkera Helicopter Support