Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Nitro Helicopters

700 Class Nitro Helicopters 700 Class Nitro Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 05-08-2012, 02:11 AM   #1
Goni
Registered Users

Default Mixing base binds with the rotor housing, how to fix?

Hi, on my T-REX 700N 3G, What are the correct settings for the mixing base assembly collar in terms of hight and the allignment? As per the manual, it says the space between the main rotor housing base and the collar should be around 10.8mm and the collar should be horizontally vertical. If I go for this config, on full pitch 13 and full ALE and ELE around 12, the ball link on the swash binds with the screw of the mixing base collar. How can I avoid this? Should I move the collar a little on right but the rods coming in from the main blade grips won't be 90 degree. Would this change the flight characteristics?

Thanks.
Goni is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:55 PM   #2
HiroboFreak
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Are the swash driver arms horizontal at 0 collective?

If you have the shorter main shaft, the swash driver will be pretty much butted up against the bottom of the rotor hub.

If you offset the swash driver your rotorhead phasing will be incorrect causing aileron/elevator interaction - so no you can't do that.

If you post a picture of the rotor head at 0 collective it may help to see what you have done wrong.
Team RCBits | Team Lynx
HiroboFreak is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:38 AM   #3
ualdrivr
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goni View Post
Hi, on my T-REX 700N 3G, What are the correct settings for the mixing base assembly collar in terms of hight and the allignment? As per the manual, it says the space between the main rotor housing base and the collar should be around 10.8mm and the collar should be horizontally vertical. If I go for this config, on full pitch 13 and full ALE and ELE around 12, the ball link on the swash binds with the screw of the mixing base collar. How can I avoid this? Should I move the collar a little on right but the rods coming in from the main blade grips won't be 90 degree. Would this change the flight characteristics?

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroboFreak View Post
Are the swash driver arms horizontal at 0 collective?

If you have the shorter main shaft, the swash driver will be pretty much butted up against the bottom of the rotor hub.

If you offset the swash driver your rotorhead phasing will be incorrect causing aileron/elevator interaction - so no you can't do that.

If you post a picture of the rotor head at 0 collective it may help to see what you have done wrong.
HiroboFreak is on the right path here . Which main shaft are you using ? , the 3G setup was with the original 700N long shaft, if you're using the FBL main, then the distance between the mixing arms and the head housing is 2mm. . What ever you do, do not offset the swash driver.

Pictures of the head at 0 pitch, full up and full down would help, include the swash and bellcranks in the pics.

Team GrandRC
ualdrivr is offline        Reply With Quote

Tags
trex 700 3d trex

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Nitro Helicopters

700 Class Nitro Helicopters 700 Class Nitro Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.