Have followed the entire below thread (18 pages!) and searched out a dozen other DX8 threads but all to no avail.
I have Phoenix 4.0j and Spektrum DX8, mode 2.
Phoenix worked perfectly with my Futaba 6EX, but I am selling that shortly, so need to get the DX8 going.
My problem with the DX8 is two fold;
- At bottom throttle (or on throttle hold) the heli instantly 'crashes' regardless of on the ground or in flight. If I move the throttle perhaps 10% off bottom the heli spools up and doesn't crash. Otherwise it sits on the ground going crash - crash - crash, constantly.
- There is to tail rotor control (the tail rotor isn't spinning either). The tail rotor channel is correctly mapped and responds correctly.
In setting up, I followed these steps;
- Created a new blank heli model
- Ensure pitch curves, etc are all linear
- Set to "1 servo" mode
- Set all switches to "Inhibit"
- Selected the DX8 profile in Phoenix and made a copy of it
- Ran thorugh calibration (and advanced calibration) *so* many times!
- Ensured all channels correctly mapped
- Ensured all channels responding appropriately
- Reversing tail rotor channel (in the sim) doesn't help
- Reversing pitch channel (in the sim) doesn't help)
- Unmapped Throttle Hold and Idle Up
- Tried just about every suggestion I could find in any thread.
I still have the two issues listed above which essentially makes Phoenix unusable (at least, it will when my 6EX has sold).
Would really appreciate some assistance with this.