Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > BCX/CX2/CX3

BCX/CX2/CX3 Blade (eFlite) CX, CX2 and CX3 Helicopters Information and Help

Old 05-07-2012, 09:18 PM   #1
WBFAir

My HF Map location
Default Best X-in-1 unit?

Hello all

Haven't used my Cx2 in years but just fired it up today as I just got a Dx7s so now I can use it again.

This is one of the very first Cx2's and has a very old EFLH1024 units in it and just like I remember, thing barely if at all for any length of time, keeps the tail from not drifting in all kinda of directions.

So was just wondering if it was at all known the any of the later 3-in-1's ever did a better job and if so, which ones those were as I see there are a couple of these.

Thanks for any help.
WBFAir is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:17 PM   #2
BLADEDADDY
Registered Users

Default RE X in 1

I have a fairly recent CX2 with the EFLH 1023 3 IN 1 CONTROLLER & I have had no stability problems with it. Sounds like either the onboard gyro is faulty or possibly just not adjusted quite right. Those small adjuster pots can become dirty and by fully rotating back and forth a couple of times might help clean the connection, then re-set and follow the instructions that came with it to dial it into a stable setting. Good luck. Maybe you can help me back, Please see my posts. Regards.
BLADEDADDY is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:58 AM   #3
WBFAir
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLADEDADDY View Post
I have a fairly recent CX2 with the EFLH 1023 3 IN 1 CONTROLLER & I have had no stability problems with it. Sounds like either the onboard gyro is faulty or possibly just not adjusted quite right. Those small adjuster pots can become dirty and by fully rotating back and forth a couple of times might help clean the connection, then re-set and follow the instructions that came with it to dial it into a stable setting. Good luck. Maybe you can help me back, Please see my posts. Regards.
Thanks for the reply BLADEDADDY, yeah this helo is pretty old and been through some ruff days.

It was really my first above what some might consider a toy store helo that I got back like 8 (?) years ago.

At the time too, it was not a common thing at all that helos were being built with much resistance to crashes and this helo was certainly that, to which I spent a lot of time and money trying to make it as bullet proof as I could.

As time went on I finally learned how to fly it better too but then came time when I really got tired of just hovering around in circles and wanted to fly outside to which then I learned how just about no matter what I put it to it at the time, this helo just didn't have the abilities for that so after that and as it was time anyway, I moved on the other helos.

At any rate, the point of all that is through out all that time, I played with those adjustment screws a million times but still the tail drift was always a major problem and for sure it could very well be the parts inside the 4-in-1 I have, but I was always unsure that buying a new one or even the setup of the by this time of a 3-in-1, was going to solve this problem, as least in the sense of a 100% complete solution for the about $50.00 or $100.00 it would have cost me. To which even then, all I would have was a indoor hover queen.

Anyway, sorry to go into all that but just thought I would give you some back ground.

To be honist, I kinda had forgotten when I made this post about that even if I one of the 3-in1's were better, for me I still would have to get one of the separate Cx receivers.

So all in all, I think its probably not worth all the cost as it still goes back to then what I would have afterward. Actually if I had been able to fix it cheaply, I might have though about selling it.

Thing is, with all the add-ons it has, probably would have looked to get a fair price for it, but selling it with this problem isn't something I would do and since what I could get for it with it would mean just giving it away as a result of how much I spent on it, guess there just isn't any other way to look at it other then it just stuck spending the rest of its life on the shelf.

Anyway, again sorry for all that long explanation of stuff.

But to get to your thing about your posts.

I've looked over them and guess what is going on for you is you damaged a part in the 3-in-1 you have and are hoping to replace just that part, but to be honest, I would think the trouble you are having in getting anyone to get you the info you are asking for is probably a lot because of the fact that since the only way the in-1's are installed is just by the sticky pad, and as this is partially important as to how well it is for the gyro to work right, I'm not surprised that someone doesn't want to take it off of that as its not like that can be done without some loss to its effectiveness.

Then as well opening the case is always a slight risk too as especially if theirs is working just fine, as you never know but there could be a chance that there could be some kind of damage done to something thus rendering them to having to buy a new part.

I think lastly too you might find that given what is out there today and for the cost, that these helos are not all that much poplar anymore and that far less people are coming to these forum sections anymore.

Again, know this is long winded but guess what I'm trying to say as I am thinking of this as a return of help is that I might not hold out that you are going to get anyone to give you the info you are looking for and while it may seem like a savings to do this repair yourself, to be honest, I think its probably just a lot easier and could be actually cheaper in the long run to just go out and buy a new part an be done with it.

Its just like $40.00 or something isn't it? So by the time you done with all that you are going to be going tthough, what will you save like $25.00? And all then to maybe find out there something else that went wrong with it?

So don't know and for sure its your choice, but all that to me just doesn't seem like it would be worth the trouble.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:49 PM   #4
MeatRocket
Registered Users

I was looking into this very thing because my son's CX2 (with the 1024) has serious yawing issues. I was going to replace the mixer with a EFLH2001 from a CX3. I read that those had some problems as well. Turns out a lot of people are just plugging in an external HH gyro like the Eflite G110. I have an extra G110 at home from a Blade CP Pro 2 so I'm going to try it out & see how it goes.
MeatRocket is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:24 PM   #5
WBFAir
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatRocket View Post
I was looking into this very thing because my son's CX2 (with the 1024) has serious yawing issues. I was going to replace the mixer with a EFLH2001 from a CX3. I read that those had some problems as well. Turns out a lot of people are just plugging in an external HH gyro like the Eflite G110. I have an extra G110 at home from a Blade CP Pro 2 so I'm going to try it out & see how it goes.
Yeah I kinda almost get the feeling the early 1024's had some Gyro issues.

Was just really getting into the RC Helo Hobby at the time the Cx2 just came out so I ended up getting one with that unit in there.

As it has been so long that I ran this helo I kinda forgot about this when I made this post but I gathered and remembered again while doing more research that the 1024's are the only ones that have a receiver and so if you do go with any of the other ones including the 2001, you will also have to get one which most likely would be the AR6100.

It had been awhile but I finally did remember I had thought about getting this setup but then the cost gets more.

Some reported that they replaced the 1024 and then it worked great...but also a lot said it wasn't any better. Seem to be kinda a crap shoot.

Then some with the later models replaced 1023 and more often those worked out better, but then of course they already had the AR6100 which I didn't.

Then just as I was getting out of it, I think some were replacing the 1023 with the 2001 and if it was just a straight replacement, it wasn't so good but then if they had a computer radio and used the remote gain, I think that was the best.

For me I now have just recently gotten a Dx7s and so I think the best for me would be to go with the AR6100 and the 2001 and see how that would go but then, now we are talking like just about $100.00 in parts.

For the other option of a completely separate Gyro such as you mentioned, again, I think it was kinda a crap shoot, some worked well and some didn't and I think I remember all kinds of gyros getting tried. If I recall some tried the G110 but it was kinda big and hard to find a good spot to mount it. I remembered there was some other kind of unit that was more popular as it was smaller but I can't remember which one it was.

At any rate, just thought I would give you some more info that I remembered.

But by all means, if you have the parts give it a try and I don't remember but I think it can be done but to be honest, I think the only way you can do it with the 1024 is to open the case I think and wire in the gyro, but I could be wrong on that.

Anyway, would be interested in hearing how you make out.

Basically, I was hoping if I could get this helo working right for cheap, I could sell it as I really have no need for it.

Its got a lot of really nice aftermarket parts on it so I don't want to only get like $20.00 for it but it isn't worth dumping a $100.00 into it as thats maybe what I could get for it so it would be a real loss.

So basically its kinda one of those, I might just be stuck with it things.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:44 AM   #6
whirlydude
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatRocket View Post
If your having serious yawing problems, and you can't correct it by adjusting the proportional mixer trimmer pot screw on the EFLH1024, then it's more than likely a bad or weak motor.
whirlydude is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > BCX/CX2/CX3

BCX/CX2/CX3 Blade (eFlite) CX, CX2 and CX3 Helicopters Information and Help