Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR X

mSR X Blade Micro SRX Helicopters Information and Help

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 10:04 PM   #1
seldredg
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default New to helis and mSR X - first time flight questions

A few days ago I got an MCX2, and an mSR X and a DX6i. For the mSR X I got training gear also. I set it up with learning settings I got on rechelicopterfun.com. I also tried some settings I found here. I began with some exercises from the other site--slide it on the floor forward and sideways, etc. Not very well. The white balls on the training gear seem mostly to prevent sliding until you have enough power to flip the bird over.

I tried without the gear, which was actually easier, and I tried to keep increasing the throttle slowly to take off a little bit, but as soon as it's light enough to take the weight off the skids, it (usually) wants to flip over to the right or shoot off quickly to the left just off the ground. No amount of trim adjustments seems to get me close to lifting off without having to perform some immediate drastic adjustment.

Two questions:

1. If the heli has a decent default trim, what can I expect when lifting off?

2. How far in approx should you insert the batter? Manual saysonly to insert it.

Feel free to refer me to other informaitononthe site. Thanks.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:17 PM   #2
slow_DC4
Registered Users

Try this for the take off:

MMM:
http://helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=372983

As for the battery, I insert it all the way until it stops at the black piece. Also, if you haven't done so, I would recommend getting the MCPX tail, it sets the tail motor farther out and it wouldn't have to work as hard.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:00 PM   #3
ronj
Registered Users

Because of the MSRX gyro control, you are best to leave the trims on the dx6i at the middle location. Once you complete the MM Mod you will find it will not tip so far left before leaving the ground. You can also add four small o-rings on your landing skids. It will prevent sliding on the floor.

have fun
PK T-28 Trojan, PZ Icon A5, SloBoat, Sea Monkey
Old 05-07-2012, 11:59 PM   #4
seldredg
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks. I'll try againtomorrow. I found another linkonthe site that suggested to me that I was starting wrong. Better to jump into the air mopre and get out of ground effect. I do that with the MCX2, but it's so stable it's easy. I was afraid to do that withthe mSR X and have it launch into something. I'll try outside tomorrow, wind permitting.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:46 AM   #5
Neon888
Registered Users

The trims must be in the neutral position. This heli is uncontollable with any trim input.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:53 AM   #6
BigRHS
Registered Users

You really need to make sure you are good with your orientations with the MCX2 before you try to fly the MSRX. The MSRX is a bird that is fast and responsive and can be a handful.
If you feel you are good with tail-in hover, nose-in and side-in and can do just about anything you want to do with the MCX2 then you are ready for the MSRX. It's a whole different bird. It's about as close to a CP helicopter as you can get at this size without actually being a CP.
You are better off jumping off the ground and getting it in the air until you have learned to control it.
Please go to the thread that Slow_DC4 pointed you to and make those adjustments. it will help with the heli wanting to jump left on take off.
If you don't then you will need to add a little right Aile. on lift off and that can be tough on a noob.
Once you have gotten to where you can get it in the air, if I were you, I would not try any left turns for a little while. Left turns on this heli are difficult for most, so I would work only on orientations. ( tail-in, nose-in and side-in ) and get those down first.
Then practice doing some letters in the air like doing a big H, first tail-in and then nose-in. I know this sounds tedious and slow but it will help you to learn to control it and teach you to fly it and maybe not destroy it ! A lot of people have gotten frustrated and gave up on it, and it's a great little bird ..........with some quirks, but once you learn it, it can be a great heli to fly and have a ball with.
After you feel comfortable doing that, then start doing the right turn circuits and then try the left turns.
There are mixes that you can add to the DX6i that will help with both turns and especially the left turns, they are on this site or if you want to try mine just let me know and I can give you mine, but every heli can be different and you may need to adjust them for your heli.
So if you find you cannot do the left turns on your own then you can add the mixes and it will help.
Above all else, don't rush and have a blast and ask questions.
It's a great little bird that can be a hand full, but it will help to teach you to fly !
Also, always check before you fly and make sure you have all trims in the N position ! As everyone has stated, this heli will not fly right with the trims out of the N position. ( N being neutral )
Believe me I know.....lol

Of course I have probably forgot something and I am sure there will be more with advice. There is a lot of knowledge about this heli on this site and a bunch of good people that are willing to help, so use it and ask !
Sorry for such a long winded post but I just wanted to give as much info as possible. I know it helped me !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DX8, 1 Brushless MSRX, 1-130X, Venom TX case
Old 05-08-2012, 10:31 AM   #7
seldredg
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks, and please be long-winded. It helps.

When you say all the trims are neutral, do you mean those in the DX6i adjust settings AND ALSO the ones you set with the switches by the throttle/rudder and cyclic levers?

I've been using the MCX2 to practice nose in orientation. I fly figure eights sideways and at me in both directions to learn to coordinate rudder and cyclic. I can still get confused, but I'm getting it.

I'm going tpo hand launch the mSR X today and see what it does before doing the MMM mod.

Thanks again.
Closed Thread

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR X

mSR X Blade Micro SRX Helicopters Information and Help