Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

Old 05-09-2012, 05:14 AM   #1
Stevin
Registered Users

Default Need a good glow plug extension

I am lookig for a good glow plug extension... atleast thats what I call it, the type that mounts under the frame so I can start the nitro motor without removing the canopy. A friend tells me most are not reliable. anyone have recommandations
Old 05-09-2012, 05:57 AM   #2
ccpm raptor
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I like the SwitchGlo Pro Revolution Igniters. You'll never forget to bring an igniter again
ccpm raptor is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:03 AM   #3
Stevin
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

not sre if this is the one that connects to a channel on yoru radio but a friend tried one and said they would only work once the motor was hot, the first start of the day would need a regular glow start. Can you post a link to the one you recommend?
Old 05-09-2012, 06:11 AM   #4
Stevin
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

ok I just watched a video on this product on youtube with bert kammerer and this is not the one my friend had, his had a push button on a blue strip, looks like the push button option on this one is black but can be assigned to an on/off switch on your radio. Looks good but why do they have aligator clips to connect to the glow plug? I would think that would pop off in flight.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:27 AM   #5
kw_rc
Registered Users

The one you are describing is the PushGlo and it works great. Don't worry about the alligator clip - it won't slip off (at least mine hasn't). I have mine connected directly to a Life battery.

I would highly recommend the PushGlo or SwitchGlo or similar product. Dump the glow plug igniter.
kw_rc is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:36 AM   #6
HiroboFreak
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Forget the alligator clip!
This is what I use along with a Perfect Regulators push button glow....

http://www.readyheli.com/MCD450-Glow...d_p_34954.html

Simple push and turn design.
Team RCBits | Team Lynx
HiroboFreak is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:19 AM   #7
ualdrivr
Registered Users

I've used my SwitchGlo Pro for three years now and love it. I can activate it with Throttle Hold and I also have the push button extension. It works great.

http://www.zrcusa.com/

Team GrandRC
ualdrivr is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please