Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand

bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand Factory Sponsored Bavarian DEMON and HeliCommand Support

Old 05-09-2012, 09:15 AM   #1
logolew
Registered Users

Default HC3SX SBus question

Hello Guys

Just picked up a HC3SX.
Also getting a Futaba 8fghs on the way.
I have a few questions as I am new to both!

I understand that the 6203sb receiver is recommended. I believe that I will still be able to run my retracts with this set up, correct? Do I plug them into the SX or the RX?
What are guys using to connect the RX to the HC3SX?

I also have 3 servo style power leads (2 from the Hercules BEC, 1 from my buffer pack). Am I correct in assuming that I will be able to use the unused ports on the SX to plug these in?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Jason
logolew is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:24 AM   #2
conefree
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The only things you plug directly into the SX are the three swash servos and your tail servo. Everything else would plug into the receiver (e.g. switchglo pro, retracts, etc.)

Also, you should plan (appears as though you are set) to have one power lead to your rx and one to the sx for backup and also so that you aren't pulling all the power through either the rx or sx.
conefree is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:19 AM   #3
DEMONjoe
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by conefree View Post
The only things you plug directly into the SX are the three swash servos and your tail servo. Everything else would plug into the receiver (e.g. switchglo pro, retracts, etc.)

Also, you should plan (appears as though you are set) to have one power lead to your rx and one to the sx for backup and also so that you aren't pulling all the power through either the rx or sx.
Not in this case. The channels 1-3 for servos of the 6203SB are the same in the S.BUS signal as well as on the direct Rx ports. So those are blocked for ail, elev and ESC. So you cannot use them for anything else.
Your retracts can be plugged into the Output2 on the HC (see connection diagram for details). Note that on this port only the signal is coming out on the inner pin, no power supply (as these pins are signal inputs when using the cable loom). You will have to split the cable up and get power from somewhere else, but no big deal.

And all power supply should always go directly to the HC, cause you want the shortes supply ways to the servos, which are the real power eaters. HC and Rx do need only a few crumps You can connect all power supplies to any of the ports of the HC which have red/black dots in the connection diagram. If occupied and none left, you can still use Y-leads. No problem.
Your Rx is connected to the HC simply by using one 3-pin gyro cable. That's all.

As I do not know how to post pictures here, send me an info with your email address and I will send you a picture of my connection, only useing one ESC/BEC lead, but anyway.

Joachim
Old 05-09-2012, 11:37 AM   #4
logolew
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hello Joachim

Thanks for the quick reply, part of the reason I bought the SX!
Might have a few more questions when everthing arrives.

Thanks, Jason
Old 05-09-2012, 12:00 PM   #5
logolew
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Found a 6208 sbus RX for a good price, so might go that route to avoid splitting the retract wire.

Is the gyro cable a male or female?

Thanks, Jason
Old 05-09-2012, 02:03 PM   #6
DEMONjoe
Registered Users

Ok, so you can use port 8 for the retracts, I guess. Not sure, never tried this. But should work.
The gyro cable is like servo plugs. Don't know if this is called female or male, never got rid of this But thinks it's female?!

Joachim

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand

bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand Factory Sponsored Bavarian DEMON and HeliCommand Support