Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

Old 05-09-2012, 09:25 AM   #1
Sambuka
Registered Users

Default Mcpx awesome reverse flight trainer

Hey guys just got my MCPX back up an running. Thought I had already mastered most of what the stock heli could do (inverted curcuits, flips, rolls etc) Everyone always talked about tail blowouts so of course never thought the stock heli could handle reverse flight banked turns without going brushless first, but boy it sure can.

Never tried backwards flight till last week tried a few days on the sim then took out the MCPX today. 7 batteries all backward banked turns left/right and circuits flew very well and even easier than the sim. Im very new to it but got a few nice looking hurricanes and somehow got a really pro looking reverse funnel 3 foot wide knife edge stable/stationary. God knows how can't do it again but blew me away the near stock mcpx could handle it.

Anyways mine is stock except a 2mm carbon extended boom cost $3 and a KBE tail rotor $7. with no tail fin.

Wow I live this heli ! Now I have a reason to fly it again while I wait for the 130x to be released.
Sambuka is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:36 AM   #2
cgriffith
Registered Users

I find that the tail heavy CG makes backwards flight easier on the mcpx.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #3
CousinLarry
Registered Users

This thread title should be:

"Mcpx awesome * flight trainer"

Old 05-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #4
Holst
Registered Users

I've been trying some backwards flight recently. no problems with the tail holding, plenty with my thumbs.
great fun though.
Holst is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:36 PM   #5
RedOctobyr
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've been trying backwards upright flight in the sim (and a few times with the mCP X). I feel dumb, because I just cannot get the hang of turning

Forward flight I'm fine with. And I'm working on some inverted hovering orientations. But backwards is just not clicking for me. I know the rudder and aileron have to move in opposite directions for backwards flight turns, but there is clearly other stuff that I am not doing right. Thank goodness for sims!
RedOctobyr is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:50 PM   #6
Sambuka
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

What they say about piro's is true, if you learn to piro the mcpx on the spot 10 second slow piro when you move to backwards flight it's a lot easier. I tried backwards a month ago was too hard couldnt even work out the controls needed. But them did about 60+ batteries on the mcpx just trying to do a slow piro and it's boosted my flight orientations 300% in confidence. Also I did banked circles in sim and mcpx that teaches you a lot too for holding the backwards hurricane as well takes awhile to learn how fast or slow to turn the rudder

I still can't hold a steady piro yet but was getting close it teaches you all the fine muscle memory for every angle the heli is in. Anyways next time I tried backwards was a lot easier with all that piro practice. Bloody test of your patience though 60 batteries just spinning the mcpx in circles isn't exactly fun but has to be done.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:10 AM   #7
Talesin
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hopefully not all 60 in the same direction..? Don't want to get 'handed' in your flying, now do you?
Old 05-10-2012, 06:53 AM   #8
Sambuka
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yeah always even either side. About 2 batteries then switch.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help