Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

Old 05-12-2012, 12:55 AM   #1
rhodesengr
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default main gear done?

perhaps a few too many crashes. I installed the MH aluminum main shaft tonight and as I was messing around with it, I noticed I could turn the head and the main gear was not turning. The shaft was turning inside the gear. Before, I could feel the resistance as it turned the motor through the gears.

It seems the D-shape in the gear is shot. Is this correct? Is this a typical thing that happens after a while?

Other than the Blade replacement gear, are there other gear options?

Is there a temp fix until I can get a new gear?
Old 05-12-2012, 02:24 AM   #2
UKHeliBob
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Your current main gear is probably split. There are other main gear options but none of them get a good press on here so I suggest that you replace it with another stock one. As a temporary fix you could consider using CA to fix the gear to the shaft, which I hope is titanium not aluminium. Some people have drilled a hole through the gear and the shaft and installed a screw to stop the gear moving. Your choice.
UKHeliBob is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:19 AM   #3
rhodesengr
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I have some new gears on order. This is the shaft I just bought
http://www.microheli.com/store/produ...roducts_id/444

It says aluminum. The MH feathering shaft is Titanium. Is their a better product? I changed shafts beacuse the MH swash was a little tight on the stock shaft. You could see a wear pattern. I wanted to put some lube there but other said that makes the shaft swell. So I figured a metal ne could be lubricated with no swelling.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:26 AM   #4
Drivinfast247
Registered Users

Both the aluminum main and titanium feathering shaft will bend if you look at them wrong.

Get a solid carbon main and stock feathering shaft.

I actually prefer the gear being loose on the main shaft. Helps save the feathering shaft in crashes with late TH. IMO.
Drivinfast247 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:38 AM   #5
rhodesengr
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

update: so yeah. Its turns out the gear is OK. Maybe somewhat worn. The aluminum main is already toast. Here is what happened. I instaalled the aluminum main last night and wanted to test it. So I didn't follow my own advice and I tested it indoors. It lifted off fine but just as I was bringing it down, the blades hit the fridge. That was the end of the aluminum shaft. I went back to the stock shaft and it flys normal again. The gear does seems looser on the MH metal shaft than on the stock shaft so that may have been another compounding issue.

So what is the advantage of an MH shaft? Just solid CF over hollow? Never broke the stocke main. Is the MH DF shaft a better fit through the swash? I was hoping to get a metal shaft so I could use lubricant. maybe just leave well enough alone.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #6
Lessthanryan
Registered Users

I just installed the MH Ti main shaft and am really enjoying so far. Very smooth and seems very robust. Can't see it bending or distorting like the aluminium. All feed back I have read says that the MH Ti FS is junk and that stock is still the best.

Best of luck!
Lessthanryan is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:08 PM   #7
UKHeliBob
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The centre cushion ball of MH swashes leaves marks on all main shafts, it's just that you cannot see the aluminium that it leaves on a metal shaft. I, and others, have swapped the aluminium MH cushion ball for the steel one from a stock swash. They are a direct replacement. Does it improve anything ? Not sure, but it certainly works.
UKHeliBob is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help