Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters > 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:43 PM   #1
Commodore8888
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Less Spark from Ice 2. Anyone else?

The KDE motor/Ice 2 showed up today and first off, it's freaking sweet. No vibes, runs cool, tons of power. If your 600mx is rattling your heli and you go for a new motor there's your choice.

Now back to the reason for the thread. Picked up an Ice 2 80HV since the old V1 went in the mail to castle today. Plugging in a 6s just to test some things I noticed the spark was a bit less potent...less current than usual.

So once everything was working I tossed on the series connector and prepared myself for the BANG I had gotten used to on 12s. To my excitement, the spark I got was quite a bit less violent; about the same as a 6s would get me on the old 80HV.

Has anyone else noticed this who went from the older 80HV to the newer one? Did castle add a circuit to charge the caps slower when they updated the board to fix the fet/fet driver problems?

At first I thought it was just me having the "shiny phase" with the new parts but I tried the old 80HV earlier that day and did it again against the Ice 2 later to be sure. Definitely less spark, about half as bad with the Ice 2. Should have put a Fluke up to it and checked the current spike.

Oh well, Ice 2 works and fits nice and the KDE is sweet so I'm good
Happy flying to everyone this weekend. Gunna fly the hell out of the pro as much as I can this time.

Mike D--AwesomeRC Hobbies / Fredericksburg RC Club

Last edited by Commodore8888; 05-11-2012 at 11:30 PM..
Commodore8888 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:35 PM   #2
willlig756
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't get much spark from either of my ice2. It's less than I was getting from my 6s 550 on a cc 100.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters > 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.