Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

Old 05-12-2012, 02:25 PM   #2661
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Jeeze, I just erased a huge post back to you, damn it!

I know some have lifted an slr, but personally, I don't think it's a good idea. They are made for the smaller cameras like the GoPro and smaller, lighter gimbals.

You need to look into the heavy lift multi's, really. Here are a couple good sites.

http://www.rchobbyhelicopter.com/sto...opter_UAV_Kits

http://www.rc-drones.com/frames.php

No, I haven't upgraded my 720 yet. Personally, I would wait on using it on a quad, picking up an expensive camera and gimbal until it's totally proven.

When picking up money like that, the FC is everything.

Top of the list is WKM, in my opinion.
MK is the king of the crop, but many are abandoning theirs for the WKM every day.

There is a new one out now, internationally. I believe it's called YS-6, but not sure. They have been around China for awhile but just started shipping oversea's. I anxiously awaiting reports when others finally get theirs. It incolude waypoint already included for the price, similar in cost to the WKM. We'll see.

That's really about it for gps units, though HFPro is supposed to be good, but haven't read any reports if they finally got the gps working correctly. They fell on their asses before on that.

Non-gps untils;

Naza

Quadrino Zoom

Gimbals get expensive in a hurry. PhotoHigher is the king, but there are some really good compedators finally challanging that for a hell of a lot less.

Gimbal stabilization is key. Picloc has been around awhile, but seems to me to be too problematic.
Skyline rsgs is out now and seems to be a very good stabilizer.

$2k is a good starting point. Look at the Droidworx cx series for a Quad. WKM for a controller, The rest is up to you, but expect to get up to $3k or better, depending on what you want for results.

Last edited by Tomstoy2; 05-12-2012 at 08:26 PM..
Tomstoy2 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #2662
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Last time I took the f450 out under the goggles I had a drop out of video when I got up a couple 100 feet in altitude. Upon decending it came back just fine, but this led me to believe that I suffered from deflection. So, an experiment was in order.

As a test, I have made a stand off pole out of a simple carbon fiper pushrod I had left over and a mount out of one of my old left over servo horns.

If this works out the way I hope I will be moving the vtx back down on the frame and adding an extension cable to the IBCrazy antenna.

It's a good day for a test flight, so as soon as I get my coffee in me I'll do a test flight and see how this works out.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P5140001.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	316511  
Old 05-14-2012, 11:34 AM   #2663
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

You'll notice I now have 10 inch props on the f450. If you remember, I'm running the stock Scorpion motors from my 330x-s and the same 10a esc's.
I've had several flights with the 10 inch and can say the performance is good and no heat issues yet, though I'm not throwing it about the sky, either.

Still, time will tell. I'm slowly going to upgrade it to the same motors I have on my Hexa and some cheap-ass HW esc's.
I'm also toying with the idea of using a Quadrino Zoom board for control! Been seeing some exceptional vids with this board.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:51 PM   #2664
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

That experiment worked excellent!!! Never experienced an interference.
Now granted, I didn't take it way up, or far out, but enough to know that I was in the previous problem area.

Plus, I only crashed 4 times! All in weeds. No damage to anything at all. Each time was because I was too low and seeing I was going into the weeds and more concerned that advancing the throttle to get out of it might actually cause more problems.
Still, in all, I did a 9 minute flight(s).

The area I'm flying in isn't that big, so I try to just mostly hover and keep her in one place, I need the practice. But, I did push her around some. Even tried a nose in hover looking at myself.

The biggest pain right now is the controller. The fy91q is a strange creature. It flys ok, by itself without the navigation system, ( which works like crap ).
First, you need to start out in manual, trim the damn thing to sort of hover at least 2 seconds hands free, a trick in itself as 2 seconds with it is an eternity, then flick it to attitude mode so it records the neutral point.
You need to do this with every battery as the controller doesn't remember a damn thing. A real pain in the butt.
Once the neutral point is set, it flys pretty good, but altitude hold doesn't work worth a crap. It's more like flying in normal un-stablized mode but with better stability.
So, you re always messing with both sticks.

So, why not just move it the the Hexa and WKM? First I need to get confortable in fpv and then I will.

FPV is sooo cool! Even nose in is fine as you are moving the sticks all the time un the same direction.
It's a little bit of a learning curve, but not bad. It's a little disorenting at first, just too tempting to look at the view and not conncentrate on flying.
The more I do it, though, the easier it's becomming.

What I really need to do is to get out into some real open space and just go for it, with a spotter.
Twice, I had to advance the throttle after wrecking to hear the motors as I couldn't see the quad practically standing on top of it.

Just too much fun!!!
Old 05-14-2012, 11:04 PM   #2665
chansen1953
Registered Users

My HF Map location

sounds like you should also fit the HK - LMA (lost model alarm) - I did buy 2 of these , and the alarm is quite load... you just switch off the TX and the alarm goes off after about 1 minute.. it can insert into any servo or ESC channel..

Now just waiting to lose a machine to to see if it works !! ( not !! )

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I have not failed, I have just found 1000 ways that do not work.
chansen1953 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:42 AM   #2666
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Shouldn't be too much of a problem,,,,
Old 05-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #2667
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Just too cool!

Got my 8x5 Graupner props last nite. I had to wait a month to get these!
Balancing didn't take too long at all. Removed a little material from the back side of the heavy props, not much at all, to get them perfectly balanced.
Checked the hub balancing, all were perfect!

Can't wait to try them out!!! It will probably be a few days though. Just not enough time left to do it today,,, damn job!

So, decided to lube up the bearings.
The bottom bearings, I suspend the Hexa from books and apply my Scorpion oil to the bottom bearings.
Turn the motors a few revolutions, but as the bearings are shielded it will take a little time for the lube to gravity feed into the bearing area, thus suspending them.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P5220001.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	318769   Click image for larger version

Name:	P5220002.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	318770  
Old 05-22-2012, 05:13 PM   #2668
Indydrt
Registered Users

Default A109 build w retracts need help program in retracts dx8 aux2 ng

I tried for two hours. Nada. Help

I blinded the dx8 to the ar8000 rec. the retract landing gear two servos one in rear one in front work fine when using the servo center tool little box etc.

System setup dx8 switch assign. Gov/aux2. Assigned. Retracts jolt into position up. But won't go down,,,)) and only the rear gear works not front.

I checked monitor. It says plus and minus100% when you move switch

Tried assigning the switch back on left side of radio that says GEAR. I thought that was the landing gear switch my lhs says to use it on the rec as aux 2. Huh???). I'm lost. Help. Thanks. Y'all.
Indydrt is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:16 AM   #2669
copterboy
Registered Users

Noticed last night that my 450 boom bent, so got to order new spares. My mis-matched blades I was hoping to match up turned out to be 1 x CF and 1 x GF, so about 4g difference in weight. No way I'll get them to balance.

Order going in today for boom and main blades, but will keep me grounded till Wednesday now Not too bad fiscally speaking, but a little gutted I'll miss out tomorrow.

T-Rex450V2 w.PRO head, Scorp-8 & 45A V2 ESC, CSM4200/S9257, 3xHS65MG
E-Flite CX2 - All Microheli/Extreme CNC CF Upgrades
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:44 AM   #2670
Indydrt
Registered Users

Default Monaco f-1 indy500 NASCAR 600

Monaco is taped. Indy live now..nice race cars this year..pop big hole in wind for drafting. ..very kool..then work on my scale Heli with the retracts are taking for ever the rears mainly. Trying to upgrade from the stock wire look to a more real look with a cnc alum parts from smartmodelhk..unfortunate it was not a 90 degree setup for the 500 Rc aerodyne a109 oh well. We got one side looking ok but I won't do this next time..no way. I must have 30 hours trying to reconfigure this out
Indydrt is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:28 PM   #2671
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

After my little reunion with my old mates down south, on the way home I stopped by one of the guys house. We started talking about rc flying, he flys planes, but has started an interest in heli's. Not knowing a thing, he picked up an EXI fiberglass frame, but became confused in a hurry, asked if I mind finishing it up for him,,, so now I find I have this nice little EXI 450 on my workbench!

Of course the first thing I did, ( only thing, so far ), was to got thru everything and loctite.

The plan here is since I have a ton of perfectly good top quality components, is to outfit it with them from my fbl 450 conversion.
Hitec metal gear servos, Quark and dx6i radio and reciever. I'll make him an unbeatable deal on the stuff and then give him some lessons.

Got to admit, it's been awhile since I even seen a fb heli!
Old 05-28-2012, 05:10 AM   #2672
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice one Tom. That should be cool training up a buddy, and knowing he will be starting out with some good kit. He lucked out asking you.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:18 PM   #2673
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Damn! Can't believe I'm almost done with this EXI already.

He had the motor, a 3500kv and 13 tooth pinion on a 150t maim gear, so she is going to spin about 3500 rpm. Can't remember if that is a good range for a 450, but I do know that I have a 13t and 150t with a Sorpion -8 on mine. Just haven't really had to work on it much since I went fbl.

Anyway, he's getting my old dx6i, but he'll need to get another tx pack for it. The old one is kind of weak.
He's also going to get my metal case Quark, 3 hs65m servo's, either a 6100 or a 6200 reciever, and I'll probably change out his esc with my old CC Phoenix 45a.

I just talked to the drunk bastard, damn is he all lit up, and told him he needs to order tonight an Ino-Lab tail servo, $18 plus priority shipping to my address so I can finish this damn thing.

I looked on line at Xheli at the parts for the EXI and saw that they recommend a 1300mah battery, but I checked and a 2200mah does fit under the canopy and with the Phoenix I think it will all balance out just fine.

He's got a couple heli's he's been messing with, some damn 300 sized motor driven tail thing that he's wrecked to the point he can't get it to hover, and some other tiny indoor co-axial he plays with.
He's been flying a sim, so that is good.

He's pretty damn excited about the whole damn thing,,,, I feel guilty as sin, too.
He just accepted a new job at Scotsdale, AZ. that he needs to report to in 2 months, so he's going to have to learn how to work on this all by himself.

I'm also giving him my left over spare flybars, about 6 of them and my spare feathering shafts which are a direct match. Might give him a spare main shaft, too.
I figure to tell him a $100 bucks and we are square. Like I said, he's an old squadron mate and we have stayed in touch every damn year for close to 40 years now.

Just don't know if I'm really doing him a favor or not? Guess only Jack can say.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:32 AM   #2674
copterboy
Registered Users

I've heard of 1300mah/6S being used on a 450, but not a 1300mah/3S!!

3500rpm will feel like a bat out of hell for him. I'd say somewhere around 2900-3000rpm would suit better for learning and plopping about.

I would say your doing him no favours by building it, but it's probably better that you do it safely than leave it for him. Just say first re-build is for free, then you have to learn to do it yourself, or compensation arrangements need to be made. Otherwise, there maybe no end to him darkening your dorrstep with a smashed up heli

Glad to hear you had a noce break. Looking forward to one myself soon

T-Rex450V2 w.PRO head, Scorp-8 & 45A V2 ESC, CSM4200/S9257, 3xHS65MG
E-Flite CX2 - All Microheli/Extreme CNC CF Upgrades
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:14 PM   #2675
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P5290001.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	320518  
Old 06-04-2012, 05:17 PM   #2676
jperkosk
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Got back home last night from Chile and found this :

DX8 is a warranty replacement for my original one that I sent out under the recall for factory update 10 months ago. Took long enough, but they sent back a brand new unit with all the accessories, including AR8000 and TM1100
mQx is a brand new replacement for the unit I turned back in a month ago because it had one intermittent motor, this was a last one LHS had in stock and therefore a display unit, got a special price on it but now is a brand new unit.

The third box has just appeared out of nowhere I hope I'll have time to set it up before heading our for Brazil next week...
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:47 AM   #2677
comatosed
Registered Users

Please let us know what you think of the 450x, I'll have one myself in a couple of weeks.

Will have to get a new canopy for mine though. Blue and white, seriously?
comatosed is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:34 AM   #2678
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry,,,,,,
Old 06-05-2012, 12:45 PM   #2679
mnwizard
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sometimes I think that there is no hope......
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mnwizard is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #2680
Tomstoy2
Registered Users

Jerry's in trouble,,,,,,,,

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP