START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR

mSR Blade (eFlite) Micro SR Helicopters Information and Help

Old 05-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #1
koi-fish
Registered Users

Default Feathering shaft/head gasket size

What size are the rubber gaskets that fit into both the stock head and the RKH cnc head? Not the brass shims, but the rubber o-rings?

Want to order from a wholesaler instead of hoppy shop. And, want a source after they run out.

Thanks.

"It's not getting any smarter out there, you have to come to grips with stupidity and make it work for you" - Frank Zappa
koi-fish is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:13 PM   #2
wulfrun
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by koi-fish View Post
What size are the rubber gaskets that fit into both the stock head and the RKH cnc head? Not the brass shims, but the rubber o-rings?

Want to order from a wholesaler instead of hoppy shop. And, want a source after they run out.

Thanks.
They aren't just "rubber o-rings", they are a particular hardness for the job. The wrong hardness will mess up the flight characteristics quite badly.

You get a set (or is it 2?) with a feathering shaft and a set with the grips, so I certainly have accumulated a few. They are also on the grip balls of the mSR X grip-sets so you aren't going to run out. In addition, they last quite a long time.
Buzzfly BE (aka Walkera 4#3B)
wulfrun is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:15 PM   #3
koi-fish
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfrun View Post
They aren't just "rubber o-rings", they are a particular hardness for the job. The wrong hardness will mess up the flight characteristics quite badly.

You get a set (or is it 2?) with a feathering shaft and a set with the grips, so I certainly have accumulated a few. They are also on the grip balls of the mSR X grip-sets so you aren't going to run out. In addition, they last quite a long time.
yep, but I only had one pair and I had two psychotic used MSRs that I was trying to troubleshoot. Turns out they both had bad head gaskets and I had to replace a flybar on one of them.

I used the first pair on one, and found out that I was able to use the red gaskets from the mcpx swash mod on the other (the ones you put on the ball links). Worked quite well. Both are behaving nicely now

"It's not getting any smarter out there, you have to come to grips with stupidity and make it work for you" - Frank Zappa
koi-fish is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR

mSR Blade (eFlite) Micro SR Helicopters Information and Help