START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

Old 05-25-2012, 12:16 AM   #1
j.avant
Registered Users

Default Logo 400 Questions

Hi....I'm building a logo 400 not the SE. I purchased the logo after having a Trex 450 PRO for a while.

I'm a beginner and the Trex 450 was a hand full to me, very unstable. Is the logo 400 more stable than the Trex? I'm asking these questions after i purchased it, that's what you do right. The LOGO was a god deal and that's why i buy and then ask questions.

So, can this heli be good for a beginner like myself, or did i buy something that's not good for me? It seems to have a larger disk than the Trex so i thought it would fly or should i say hover better than the Trex.

I'm open for set up input or any other advice i can get. I think this heli should be much lighter and that would make a big difference I'm hopping.

Thanks for any input at all for a beginner.

John
j.avant is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:05 PM   #2
egaus
Registered Users

Just about any CP helicopter is going to be somewhat of a handful for a beginner.

However, the Logo 400SE with Vbar is going to be a great helicopter for you. Dial in your settings for however much stability you need, use some well-planned bank switching for when you want to loosen it up a bit.

Good idea to get the Pro Vbar license so you can look at your logs!

If you are not planning on using Vbar, the helicopter is still great and would be a good learning heli. Just take it slow.

e
Old 05-25-2012, 09:15 PM   #3
j.avant
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hey....Thanks for the info. I started the build and It's going good. It came with a Align 3GX so I'm going to use it for now until i get a little FBL under my belt. This will be my first FBL heli. So I guess i can learn as i go and ask LOTS of questions..

I guess i can go to the FBL forum and learn about the 3GX? It may not be the most used but it came with the kit that i got.

So thanks, and on with the build.

John
Old 05-25-2012, 09:41 PM   #4
Ricci
Registered Users

I own the Trex 450 PRO and the Logo 400, and both are very good helis.

The L400 swings bigger blades than the T450 so it falls in whole other category.

Additionnaly, if you add the VBar to the Logo, you get someting very superior in 3D flights, accurate behaviour under your controls with no drift, which gives you a completely different sensation.

Also, I suggest you to install a full size digital servo on the Logo's tail.

Good luck,

Ricci.
Ricci is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:45 PM   #5
j.avant
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I purchased the kit and all components from a friend of mine that bought it and never did anything with it.

This is the equipment it came with, Scorpion 3026-1400KV motor with 19T pinion, ICE 100 ESC, S9650 servos, JR 8900G for the tail, 3GX FBL system, 425 Align blades, V bar head, No tail rotor blades?, and no lipos?. It's all new, is this a good start on the components?

What tail rotor blades and lipos would i need? I sold all my lipos with the 450, 3 Cell 2250 TP.

Thank you guys for the input. I will be going to the Vbar. When funds are available.

John

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion