Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you are new to HF, please tell us a little bit about yourself. What Helis do you fly? You will find our community very friendly, why not break the ice and introduce yourself.

Old 05-29-2012, 12:56 PM   #1
Tommyz
Registered Users

Default Hello From North Carolina

Hey all.. total heli newcomer..looking forward to many frustrating days learning not to crash..
Bought the E Razor 450 to get me started,,any suggestions for a moderately priced TX/ RX upgrade..Current Radio seems to be a weak link..
Tom Z
Tommyz is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:22 PM   #2
dfgipe
Registered Users

Welcome Tom to Helifreak. A good Tx/Rx is a must. Being a Spektrum fan I would suggest the DX6i . Ten model memory and a ton of really nice features. The best part, you can bind any Spektrum compatible to it like the AR6100E. Good luck with your 450.

EXI 450 Beater / 450 EC-135 / 450 OH-58 Kiowa / 450 MD 500 / EXI 450 AH-6 Little Bird / EXI 500 (the flying woodchipper!) / HK500GT UH-1E Huey / EXI 500 EC-135/ Love the scale!
dfgipe is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:21 PM   #3
electronjunkie
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have a beatup DX6 w/RX that needs another nimh battery, or you might be able to put an old lipo in it. I live in Raleigh. You can have it for free if you pick it up. PM me if U R interested

You really need a sim and/or an MCPx. I am convinced an MCPx is the way to go now for noobs. Crashing the MCPx in grass and using throttle hold is so forgiving its almost like a sim.

Compass 7HV / Compass TracX FBL Unit
Compass 6HVU / Ikon
Compass Atom 5.5 / Compass TracX FBL Unit
electronjunkie is online now        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you are new to HF, please tell us a little bit about yourself. What Helis do you fly? You will find our community very friendly, why not break the ice and introduce yourself.