START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Other R/C Flight Simulators

Other R/C Flight Simulators Other R/C Flight Simulators

Old 05-29-2012, 01:36 PM   #1
guyguerra
Registered Users

Default Does aerofly 5.7 lock to keep ground in view

I am having a problem loosing sight of the ground in Ikarus aerofly. I looked at Realflight today and the ground stays in the screen unless you get exceptionally high. Is there something I'm missing in Aerofly to get it to do this? It makes a huge difference for learning to land.
guyguerra is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:54 AM   #2
TheBum
HF Support

My HF Map location
Location: McKinney, TX, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe

Nope. It's one of my gripes about it. I find it pretty useless for shooting touch-and-goes with airplanes for that reason. It's the only one of the big 3 commercial sims that doesn't support such a viewing mode.

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:46 AM   #3
guyguerra
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for your post. I suspected that was the case. I spent a lot of time trying different view adjustments last night. You can zoom out but then it's impossible to see the plane. I am going to buy realflight nd sell this one on eBay. Seems like other people like it, but I don't get it.
Thanks or the post,
Guy
Old 05-30-2012, 12:59 PM   #4
TheBum
HF Support

My HF Map location
Location: McKinney, TX, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe

Take a look at Phoenix. It's at least on a par with Realflight and it's a lot cheaper to keep up to date, i.e. all upgrades are free.

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:23 PM   #5
guyguerra
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Just to follow up after a long time of learning. I switched to just after I posted this thread about a year ago. I've used Realflight since that time and have been very happy using it with Bootcamp on my Mac. The only problem, which was no big deal, was switching out of the Mac OS and not being able to use my Mac browsers, mail or other programs, or access to files while on the Windows side.
My point today, a year later is about Aerofly. I was very unhappy with it when I first started flying helis and thought it was terrible. I finally gave it another try today because I was curious if my opinion has changed after my skills increased, and also with the 5.7 version that is out now. I am fine with it now. The ground still leaves the screen earlier than Realflight, but since I fly better, it's not a problem. It's also great to be able to just kick it on as opposed to changing drives and OS's. So, my comments last year reflect my flying novice flying abilities when I started out more than the software. I like having both, but will probably use Aerofly for the convenience.
Logo 800 // Logo 690SX // Whiplash 700E // Trex 700E // Trex 600E // Trex 550E V2 // Blade 450X // Blade 300X // Trex 250's // Blade 130X // Blade Mcpx // Blade SR120 // Blade CX2 // Blade Msrx // Blade Nano // 1SQ // Walkera 400 // DX9

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Other R/C Flight Simulators

Other R/C Flight Simulators Other R/C Flight Simulators