Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics

Futaba Radios and Electronics Futaba Radios, Gyros, Servos, Etc.

Old 05-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #1
Tman49
Registered Users

Default T7C question

I'm not sure this is the proper place for this question, but here goes. I converted my Shuttle to electric and spooled it up for the 1st time. I haven't flown this heli before. Got a deal, and decided to go electric. Hacker A40 10L ET, CC ICE 100 Lite, GY520 w/S9254, 6s, sort of low budget-minded. My 1st build of this level.

I noticed that the swashplate was gaining left cyclic as I increased the throttle. The pitch changes towards the positive as throttle is increased. All cyclic movements are operating normal at low stick. Since the heli has a natural tendency to move to the left, the left cyclic from increaseing the throttle magnifies the movement. I'm using a T7C for the tx. Should I reverse the swashplate somehow in the tx menu?

Thanks in advance
Tman
Tman49 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:07 PM   #2
ahahn
Registered Users

Ummmmm, a Shuttle uses the old standard single servo (1 servo for pitch, one for aileron, and one for elevator). So I assume you have the radio setup for this mode--Futaba calls it "H1".

If you do, and you are still getting cyclic, you mean you are getting aileron along with collective pitch?? If you are, it sounds like there is some mixing in your setup, so I'd go through all the mixing stuff and inhibit it all.

Those are the only two guesses I have off hand.
ahahn is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:59 PM   #3
Tman49
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Shuttle swash

ahahn,
Thanks for your input. I thought the Shuttle was HE3 type swash. At least the positioning of the pushrods, (left, & right for aileron/pitch, front for elevator) is what I went by. I'll try the H-1 setup and see what happens. I'll also check for some mixing in the menu.

Thank you for your time.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:52 PM   #4
Tman49
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Shuttle swash & beyond

ahahn,

Well I got that problem solved! It's on H-1 type swash, and working fine. Thank you! I spooled it up in my basement and I was impressed and nervous at the same time. As I mentioned earlier, this was the 1st time for this heli. The original Shuttle I had was nitro (acquired it Nov. 2011), and had problems w/that *#+! belt start! So some of the parts went on the 2nd Shuttle I got in a super deal.

Now I need to concentrate on the gyro control. When I had it light on it's skids it spun to the left. I have the GY520 set to slow response per the suggestion of the gyro manual. I also need to see if I can get the room for a ball on the servo horn. Right now I have the rod Z-bent connected to the horn. I see some play in that connection.

Finally, I checked the data from the Phoenix Lite on the computer. I'm not sure what all that data means or what I'm suppose to take from it. Temp, wattage, and voltage are understandable. How can knowing the Voltage Ripple, Ampere hours, Throttle In, Power Out, help me? Is the RPM the motor or headspeed?

Got any answers? I think I may need to start a new thread, (new topic).
When I get it up like I want it, it'll be part of the Airwolf fuse. That's my dream.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #5
ahahn
Registered Users

Regarding the ICE data logger, to get the rpms, you need to tell the software what the gearing ratio (main gear and pinion tooth count, plus the number of magnets in the motor bell housing. The logger is counting magnets as they spin by (actually counting the commutation period), so it needs those numbers to convert to head speed.

I think you can do this in the graphing software directly.
ahahn is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics

Futaba Radios and Electronics Futaba Radios, Gyros, Servos, Etc.