Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

Old 05-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #41
rstekeur
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjuran View Post
You see more people on this forum with Spektrum RX failures than Orange failures.

Wouldn't worry too much about it.
I'm still putting my 450 back together for what I believe was a loss of signal on a spektrum rx. I have an orange rx on my Kadet LT40 with no problems so far. But it does worry me a little that there are a couple hundred parts, most of which have been copied and are probably made in chinese slave factories, that are flying around other people with a spinning lawn mower blade on top.
rstekeur is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:49 PM   #42
22charlie
Registered Users

I use 'em in my smaller helis and inside foamies. I have to say I prefer the genuine article in my larger birds and outside planks. However the only RX I had fail was a near brand new Spektrum in a big heli that went in. Sure, HH replaced the unit but my heli....?

I think it all comes down to personal preference and what you are comfortable with.

There is not a thing on this planet that is fail safe.

Everything is made to turn a dollar.

It all comes down to marketing, you believe what you want.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
If all else fails, use a bigger hammer! HDX450SE/Schwietzer canopy; Trex450S/500E;Trex450SE/500D; Sceadu EVO50/Marvel A119; TRex600E/FunKey500D; MiniTitan/Cobra; 2x HK450 beaters; 2x HK500/Bo105's.
22charlie is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:49 PM   #43
wisconsinracer24
Registered Users

Orange Rx sats on my 700 and my 600 running off 3gx unit, haven't had a problem yet. Why pay more when you have a working product, range test it and fly it. I think I have a better chance of my CC 160 starting on fire
wisconsinracer24 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:17 PM   #44
4n6days
Registered Users

I have 2 Orange 6 channel rx. One is in my Ricco and the other is in a foamie. I've been using them for over a year. No complaints. I know someone else who has 2. One in a small plane and a small heli with no complaints.

Dave Herbert (NightFlyyer) did a range test comparison with a spektrum rx and I believe the spektrum had better range... Here's the vid.

the sea, and all that in them is" --Exodus 20:11

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
4n6days is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #45
McKrackin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailid View Post
If a spektrum Rx fails you can send it to Horizon for warranty repairs and get good service.

If an orange Rx fails.......
Buy a new one....It's cheaper than the postage to send the Spektrum to HH.

AND...Most eBay sellers will replace it if it doesn't work anyway. Cheaper than a Paypal dispute.

I use them myself and even have two Orange RX sats on my 700LE.
McKrackin is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:27 PM   #46
Bladecpnitro
Registered Users

I have the 6 channel Orange RX on my HK 250 and have had no problems with it. I like the hard case it has around it too, especially when plugging in difficult connectors. I'm always afraid I'm gonna smash the Spektrum. I'm sure the Spektrum AR6100e is lighter but yeah, it works great. Some times cheaper aint better or even close to it but they seem fine. I don't take the 250 very far out either though.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:32 PM   #47
Luvmyhelis
Registered Users

I have run both the orange Rxs in several of my helis, and currently use the dual orange sats on my SK720 equipped custom prototype stretched helis. Never once have I had a signal loss. I also have built a large plank running these same sats and RX and it is good for a full mile. I also have run and am running the Spektrum 7100rx and sats on another helo, I can't see a spec of difference in overall performance.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:11 AM   #48
salience
Registered Users

Default Channels

Concerning the Orange 7-channel Rx
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Failsafe_.html
Can someone please tell me what the channel numbers correspond to? Same as a Spektrum perhaps?
salience is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:26 AM   #49
Timtreo
Registered Users

The 6 channels are the same as Spektrum. On the 7 ch. the bind/batt is just on the opposite side but 1 through 7 is the same. On the 9 ch throttle starts at the top and is the same down. So basically yes they are all the same channels 1 through whatever T, A,E,R,G,Aux1, Aux2....
Old 05-31-2012, 11:38 AM   #50
4n6days
Registered Users

You know...even though I have 2 of the 6 channels, and love them, I'm really amazed at the lack of negative reviews in this thread. I expected at least a few horror stories.
the sea, and all that in them is" --Exodus 20:11

4n6days is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:21 PM   #51
Ironrotor
Registered Users

Default Orange Rx

Add another positive. Orange rx with remote working great on a 500. Regarding the cost and performance; it can't be beat anywhere.
Ironrotor is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:32 PM   #52
Darkside41
Registered Users

My HF Map location

http://www.industryweek.com/articles...aspx?cid=NLQMN

Seems the US government uses some Orange Rx parts also
Darkside41 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:36 AM   #53
Ace4
Registered Users

The FASST Orange Rx's have served me well in several foamies and a Habu jet. Several others at my field had good luck with the FASST Orange Rx's. Most of the guys who tried the Spektrum Orange Rx's had trouble with them at some point, though.
Ace4 is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please