START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos

MSH Protos MSH Protos Helicopter Support Forum

Old 06-03-2012, 12:35 AM   #1
phranticness
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Thrusted tail blade grips , where to buy them?

I can't find the thrusted tail blade grips available separately from the thrusted tail kit/upgrade. I don't need them right now, but I'd like to have a spare set on hand. Are they available separate from the kit?
phranticness is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:57 AM   #2
alexf1852
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The tail grips are the same as stock.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:55 PM   #3
Mr dan
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexf1852 View Post
The tail grips are the same as stock.
Are you sure about this? The two look different to me, The bearing housing looks a bit longer , Im asking because if you are to add two 4x8x3mm a thin washer and a set of thrust bearings, would this require the housing to be longer?
Mr dan is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:56 PM   #4
BennyTRD
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Not 100% positive, but I think you replace the 2 larger stock radial bearings with 2 smaller radial bearings to accommodate the thrust.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BennyTRD is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:04 AM   #5
alexf1852
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It's the same. I never bought the full thrusted tail kit. Just the part without the grips and used the stock ones. The outside diameter requirement of the bearings did not change. Only the inside diameter requirement was made larger for new tail hub. The radial bearing size in the thrusted tail kit is also thinner than the radial bearings from the original stock tail.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:38 AM   #6
Mr dan
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexf1852 View Post
It's the same. I never bought the full thrusted tail kit. Just the part without the grips and used the stock ones. The outside diameter requirement of the bearings did not change. Only the inside diameter requirement was made larger for new tail hub. The radial bearing size in the thrusted tail kit is also thinner than the radial bearings from the original stock tail.
The radial bearings for the thrust tail kit are 4x8x3 , thats what the description reads. I do see that the regular grips and the Thrust kit grips do look different, could be just a new design. Looks like MSH added some ribs on the sides of the grips to add some rigidity, they look more robust. If you look at each by enlarging the pic you can see what Im talking about.
Regular grip set:
http://www.readyheli.com/MSH51046-Ta...s_p_35565.html
http://www.readyheli.com/MSH51047-Ta...s_p_35566.html

Thrust kit:
http://www.readyheli.com/MSH51330-Pr...s_p_38370.html
Old 06-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #7
alexf1852
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr dan View Post
The radial bearings for the thrust tail kit are 4x8x3 , thats what the description reads. I do see that the regular grips and the Thrust kit grips do look different, could be just a new design. Looks like MSH added some ribs on the sides of the grips to add some rigidity, they look more robust. If you look at each by enlarging the pic you can see what Im talking about.
Regular grip set:
http://www.readyheli.com/MSH51046-Ta...s_p_35565.html
http://www.readyheli.com/MSH51047-Ta...s_p_35566.html
These pictures of the regular grip set are really old. MSH updated the tail grips a long time ago. My original kit that I bought 2 years ago had the new tail grips. Trust me guys, they are the same. If you get grips that look like the pics on readyheli, then the vendor had greater than 2 year old stock.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:10 PM   #8
Mr dan
Registered Users

You are 100% correct. I was looking at the pics at readyheli and was thinking my grips look like the thrust grips. Im not doubting you, please dont get me wrong, I was thinking the radials were of the same size untill I went back to my disk PDF and noticed the OEM are thicker. Thanks for the heads up!

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos

MSH Protos MSH Protos Helicopter Support Forum