START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters

Walkera Helicopters Walkera Helicopter Support

Old 06-14-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
Blayd
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Failsafe setting in the 2801Tx anyone??

I've been flying the 2801Pro Tx and Rx in my three 500's. All works great, great range, no issues..except....
Since I'm the only heli guy within about 100 miles, and probably the only WALKERA user in more then that....
I never used the ID bind for my heli's.. until last weekend.
Yes, I got caught up in a conversation with a Dad and his son, finished talking.. bound one of the 500's to the Tx.. not realizing I never switched models....Well, no real damage.. but scared the beejeesus out of me.. so.. now, all three 500's are using code binding.
My question is this....I really need to get fail safe set up.. and was wondering if anyone has delt with it at all??
Before I used ID coding.. I think, the 2801 would set failsafe to where the sticks are when the Tx bound to the heli.. which meant of course, 0% throttle/full negative pitch, since you cant bind random bind, with the throttle anywhere but at "0", no TH, normal flight mode.
So... since I ID code binding set now, can I set a failsafe setting for a model, and it will be kept? Or do I need to remove the ID code, and start all over, with the sticks where I want them for fail safe? All I want is the collective to go to either 0 pitch or maybe slightly negative.. and TH applied. I'm not really sure yet, still thinking about it..I know I just dont want it slammed down the minute it looses the signal....If you have any experience with fail safe.. I'd really appreciate any help you can give me.
Thanks,
Mike
HC500SE ....GO TEAM FLYBAR!

Last edited by Blayd; 06-15-2012 at 02:55 PM..
Blayd is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:23 PM   #2
navigator2011
Registered Users

Hi Blayd,

I don't want to derail your thread, but how the heck did you set up an ID code on the Rx2614V in the V400? With the Rx2702, I had no problem, but the V400 has me stumped.

Setting up Failsafe mode would be really cool. When I lost power to my Tx in Random mode, the V400 just seemed to be stuck at the last stick position that was transmitted, which didn't work out too well for me.
navigator2011 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:02 PM   #3
Blayd
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Sorry Nav.... that was me typing faster then I think.. I DONT have the V400's on ID binding..Just the 500's. What I meant to say, in lesser words.. was all are now ID bound... ( the 500's that is..) Sorry for the confusion.
Your issue is exactly what I am trying to avoid...I have seen the 2801, in random, will set fail safe to the sticks position at bind...I just dont know for sure if with the 2801Pro Rx, once I have ID binding set up. if I can set fail safe for whatever I want.. and, will it stay that way, or will I have to make sure to bind with the sticks in my fail safe position everytime. I really need to play with it and figure it out...but I was hoping for some experienced help on this matter with the 2801Pro Tx. I have set it before with success, but it was only done in random, after I bound to the heli, I let the fail safe record the sticks one at a time..
The manual says theres two ways to set failsafe....one is manually, by setting a stick, then recording its position...but with random binding, it doesnt keep that failsafe when you bind again next time.
I'll play around and post back for those still using the 2801Pro. After seeing a VERY scary flyaway with a guys 700 last week...I want failsafe set up the right way.

Again, sorry for the confusion.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:02 PM   #4
navigator2011
Registered Users

Hi Blayd, no apology needed. That 700 flyaway does sound very scary. There's a guy over at RCG that had his V400 hot start and fly away, seemingly for no reason. He was lucky to find it a few days later in a tree (after a rain). I don't know how far the heli traveled, but I got the impression that it was quite a distance across a very busy town.

With my 450, set to ID code bind, I can bind the heli with the Tx already in TH. But with the V400, I cannot do this because it only seems to accept Random ID. So, as it is now, I have to bind the heli, wait for the servos to twitch, and then switch on TH. I just don't feel comfortable binding the heli this way.
navigator2011 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:02 PM   #5
Blayd
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I feel the same way... unfortunatley, it seems this is the default way to set up failsafe on the V400, unless you go in, after binding, and manually set the sticks to the desired position you want fail safe set to... I guess full negative/0% throttle is better then a fly away.. but I like to set for the throttle set to TH and the pitch set to 0 so it doesnt go to full negative in case of a signal loss... Tomorrow, I am going to try a few things on the 500's to see how things work on an ID bound heli and saving failsafe settings.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters

Walkera Helicopters Walkera Helicopter Support