START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > BeastX FBL System

BeastX FBL System BeastX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

Old 06-15-2012, 03:54 AM   #1
adam_b
Registered Users

Default Slow reaction in one direction

I'm flying a Trex 600 EFL Pro with Beast X, when I invert the heli by pulling back on the stick or sideways she inverts nicely & quickly. But when I push the stick forward she goes over very slowly & I have to make sure that I have plenty of height.

Looking at the swash plate, the travel looks even in all directions & the speed of travel seems consistant.

Any ideas anyone as this has got me stumped?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
adam_b is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
pxpep
Registered Users

I can se that you have a Futaba. On Futaba radios the travel of the servos is done for each side. I think that maybe you have more throv back- than forwards?
pxpep is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 02:46 AM   #3
adam_b
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxpep View Post
I can se that you have a Futaba. On Futaba radios the travel of the servos is done for each side. I think that maybe you have more throv back- than forwards?
The swash plate travel is the same in both directions but I'll check the setup again & see if I can get more forward without binding
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:02 AM   #4
sutty
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Swash plate travel on the ground is irrellevant. This is an FBL system and as a consequence, when sat on the ground, it will nearly always show you full travel, up to the limits set in the FBL controller itself, step L as it happens in this case. This is because by moving your stick you request an action from your heli, the FBL controller tries to deliver this, but nothing happens, so it gives more to achieve this but still nothing happens, so it gives more and more and more, until it is at full throw.

However, when you want to tune the rotation rate, or speed of rolls or flips in the air, the controller responds to the size of the Tx signal to deliver a given rate, so, as mentioned, if the ATV for forward elevator is lower than that set for backward elevator then this would result in the differential rates that you have observed, even though on the ground there appears to be no difference.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:57 AM   #5
adam_b
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutty View Post
Swash plate travel on the ground is irrellevant. This is an FBL system and as a consequence, when sat on the ground, it will nearly always show you full travel, up to the limits set in the FBL controller itself, step L as it happens in this case. This is because by moving your stick you request an action from your heli, the FBL controller tries to deliver this, but nothing happens, so it gives more to achieve this but still nothing happens, so it gives more and more and more, until it is at full throw.

However, when you want to tune the rotation rate, or speed of rolls or flips in the air, the controller responds to the size of the Tx signal to deliver a given rate, so, as mentioned, if the ATV for forward elevator is lower than that set for backward elevator then this would result in the differential rates that you have observed, even though on the ground there appears to be no difference.

Cheers

Sutty
Thanks Sutty

I've re-done the settings on the Beast X but the weather's been cr*p here so I haven't had a chance to test it.

How would I check the ATV on the forward elevator?

Cheers

Adam
Old 07-17-2012, 10:12 AM   #6
adam_b
Registered Users

I think I've solved the problem.

The end points on the elevator were (somehow) set to 50% / 100%. so I've put them to 100% on both.

This should solve the issue though how the end point went to 50% is a mystery as it was setup on a new model memory.

I will do a re-setup before flying & also update the firmware to V 3 whatever the latest is, but I'm away at the moment so all this will have to wait 'till I'm back on the beach
Old 07-20-2012, 03:54 PM   #7
flyinfool
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'll bet you have it licked.
flyinfool is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:54 PM   #8
adam_b
Registered Users

Hope so, haven't had a chance to test it yet as I'm away at the moment

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > BeastX FBL System

BeastX FBL System BeastX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support