Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR X

mSR X Blade Micro SRX Helicopters Information and Help

Old 07-08-2012, 10:24 PM   #1
nickypoo
Registered Users

Default which batteries do you use?

what do you use? i know theres a lot....

i bought 2 tenergy from the LHS because they were only 5.99

what do you think is the best bang for your buck? i like hyperions in my mcpx

eflight blue
eflight white
tenergy
venom
hyperion
thunder power
turnigy
turnigy nano tech
others???

im ordering this http://www.wowhobbies.com/hpum6padap...geadapter.aspx
which i also have for my mcpx. it works great! 6 batteries safely in one hour so ya i need more batteries!
nickypoo is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:12 AM   #2
ronj
Registered Users

I'm using the 160mah turnigy and eflight blue lipos but I have abused them enough over the last 7 months I'm looking for replacements. The turnigy are still lasting a bit longer and would be my choice over the two.

I'm going to change the cable on my msrx to an mcpx cable and order more turnigy nano tech 300mah lipos to use on my msrx. Others have been doing this with success and it will be nice to have one set of batteries for both birds.
PK T-28 Trojan, PZ Icon A5, SloBoat, Sea Monkey

Last edited by ronj; 07-09-2012 at 02:32 PM..
ronj is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:16 AM   #3
nickypoo
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Can you link me to the turnigy batts u are using please. Are they a direct plug in to the main board and skids?
Old 07-09-2012, 09:37 AM   #4
ronj
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickypoo View Post
Can you link me to the turnigy batts u are using please. Are they a direct plug in to the main board and skids?
I got them at Hobby King. I figured for $1.69 I couldn't go wrong. But it will take some time to get to you from Hong Kong. They fit in the stock battery location and accept the stock battery plug.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...mpatible_.html
Old 07-09-2012, 10:23 AM   #5
msrxnewb
Registered Users

ive been using the 190mah miniaviation batteries, they are the longest lasting batteries i have experienced so far. easily reaching 5 minute each run.
http://www.miniaviation.com/KM_190P.html
Align T-rex 250 Pro DFC w/
AR7200BX
msrxnewb is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:19 AM   #6
RCNet
Registered Users

I've tried the E-Flite blue 150mah, the Thunder Power 160mah, and the Turnigy Nano-Tech 160mah.

I wasn't terribly impressed with the Thunder Power as they were expensive and not better than the other two brands. They also trailed off in power during the flights.

The E-Flite were pretty good, and I wouldn't have any worries buying them again.

The Nano-Techs were by far the best bang for the buck, but they weren't without their issues. They are fatter than the other two brands, and didn't fit the stock battery holder. I had to break it so that it could expand to fit them.

I'm still experimenting with different brands, and I'm thinking of trying the Miniaviations next.
RCNet is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #7
nickypoo
Registered Users

Wow I tried the blue e flight 150mah and they stomp my tenergys! Just a FYI freaks that the tenergys suck. Found the blue e flights for 5.99 each at wow hobbies in the msr section

You all parallel charge right? It is grrrrreat having 6 batteries safely charge in the time it takes to charge 1!

To rcNet you can just use mcpx landing gear on the msrx if ur battery is too wide

And that is the nano techs only that don't fit right? The regular old turnigys do?
Old 07-10-2012, 08:53 AM   #8
ronj
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCNet View Post
The Nano-Techs were by far the best bang for the buck, but they weren't without their issues. They are fatter than the other two brands, and didn't fit the stock battery holder. I had to break it so that it could expand to fit them.
Are these the nano techs you use? http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...zone_Etc_.html

The Turnigy 160mah that I use are smaller than the nano-tech and fit in the stock battery holder. If I recall you just need to press the foil in the corners in a bit for a better fit.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...mpatible_.html
Old 07-10-2012, 09:33 AM   #9
nickypoo
Registered Users

I'm gona swap skids from my mcpx

Use this charger adapter that comes with the rtf mcpx

http://www.wowhobbies.com/efla7002um...blademcpx.aspx

And try my 200/240mah mcpx batts and see how she handles

If I like it I'll ditch the msrx battery connector for a mcpx but for now I'll just use the adapter ^

Also gona order a couple of all the turnigy/nano techs that have the right connector for either of my helis since they are so cheap. I'll report back on those
Old 07-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #10
RCNet
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronj View Post
Yes, those are the ones. One other thing that just came to mind about them was the black plastic cap isn't secured well and would flex on the end of the battery. It never caused an issue, but I was alway watching it for problems.
RCNet is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:52 PM   #11
hotshot888
Registered Users

Go for the Nanotechs. Best deal by far. They preforn well, and you can get like 3 for 1 of another brand. Takes a few weeks longer but well worth the wait. Order a few more than you need and your laughing all the way to the field. I have used 130's , 160's and 300's. Happy with all. Definitely superior to the E-flite batts. PS Hyperions are great, but if you can have 2 or 3 Nanos for the same money...
Old 07-14-2012, 10:24 PM   #12
Arroyojon
Registered Users

Default Turnigy didn't fit charger

I bought a BNF and ordered 150ma 25C batteries from Turnigy and they didn't fit into the E-Flite charger that I got with my MCX (model EFLC1003). Disappointing!!
Arroyojon is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:45 PM   #13
intelligencer
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arroyojon View Post
I bought a BNF and ordered 150ma 25C batteries from Turnigy and they didn't fit into the E-Flite charger that I got with my MCX (model EFLC1003). Disappointing!!
After collecting a few chargers that were included with the helis, I splurged on a Thunder Power 610 AC/DC with a 6 lead parallel charging cable.

Can charge 4 micro and 2 mini or any combination of batteries at once with no problems of size etc.

Have bought a Powerlab 9 wire pigtail connector which I plan to solder to a 6 port Hyperion board so I can balance charge the batteries using the PL8 soon.
MSH mini Protos: 3S, 15T, Brain
intelligencer is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:00 AM   #14
phantomphixer
Registered Users

I use a set of 5 Hyperion 160mAh. They give me 5 minutes of flight.
I also purchased a set of 5 Miniaviation at 190mAh, which allow 6.5min flights. They are a bit thicker than the Hyperion ones, but still fit into the bird's slot on the landing gear.
I am awaiting from Hong Kong a shippment of 12 Turnigy Nano at 160mAh. Will report as soon as I've tried them out.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #15
MrRoboHeli
Registered Users

I'm using the Turnigy 160mAh Nano-Techs from Hobby King as well. I got them because at the time, the other Turnigy batteries were on back order. I didn't realize how fat they would be. However, they do fit my MSRX but I can see the plastic battery holder flexing and stressing when they're stuffed in there. I get 4-5 minutes per flight out of them though I usually land at 4min.
MrRoboHeli is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #16
ronj
Registered Users

My eflight and turnigy 160's finally hit the dust. No life left in them, but then they weren't treated very well either.

I switched my battery connector to an MCPx connector and am now using the nano tech 300's on both my MSRx and MCPx. I switched to the airtimercproducts mcpx skids as well.

I'm running them for 4 1/2 minutes but I have yet to check how far I'm drawing them down in that time. I suspect I can get more air time out of them but I have to do some battery charge monitoring.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR X

mSR X Blade Micro SRX Helicopters Information and Help