START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters

Walkera Helicopters Walkera Helicopter Support

Old 08-27-2011, 03:43 PM   #1
Steve Joblin
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default X2... I love the wacky concepts that Walkera comes to market with!

http://www.walkera.com/en1/particular.jsp?pn=X2

Specification
1).Main Rotor Dia. :420 mm
2).Height: 210 mm
3).Overall Length: 500mm
4).Gyro:6-axis
5).Battery: 7.4V 1500mAh Li-Po

Features
1).Adpoting coaxial triple-blade design,extremly stable.
2).Classic X2 helicopter fuselage, piece of art for collection.
3).Coming with mini Camera,Aerial photography is available

Steve Joblin is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:19 PM   #2
rojack
Registered Users

Wow, I am speechless!
3-blade co-ax with multi-axis gyro? Apparently stability was a major design consideration!

A pusher prop, camera, and lights...
Would be a super fun toy I suppose!
Maybe going after the Air Hogs HawkEye kind of market, but way cooler looking.

rojack is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:34 PM   #3
NCflyer
Registered Users

I would not call it a "wacky concept". Its being develloped and has been test flown by Sykorsky to break a helicopter air speed record if i remember correctly.

Link- http://www.sikorsky.com/Innovation/V.../X2+Technology

Im am actually looking forward to Walkera's new dual swash CP range. This type of helicopter has always been out of reach from the budget minded RC buyer with only Jung and Helibaby being options, but expensive ones.

I hope the tail rotor is functional on the Walkera X2 and just not for decoration.

Mick

Last edited by NCflyer; 08-29-2011 at 04:41 PM.. Reason: add link
NCflyer is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:42 AM   #4
helimaniac88
Registered Users

That's pretty cool. I would never buy something like this for big money, but if it were available bnf maybe when the price came down. For some reason I don't think the pusher prop is functional. I think forward propulsion will be all cyclic. But if your really into it, it looks like it's well built enough to be worth trying to mod. You would need to somehow make it function only when forward cyclic is applied or else it would make for some very unstable flight, no? Anyway looks really cool. I don't know if there will be enough market demand. Though it's not 100% my cup of tea I bet that a less scale pod and boom lama 3 replacement would do well. Sort of what that heli should have been.
helimaniac88 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:21 PM   #5
john aeras
Registered Users

I don't think this heli operates or behaves as a co-axial.
From what you can see, the main rotors are CP. I think the rear prop is functional as well.
I'll wait and see how Walkera haa avoided blade strikes on this model.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:09 PM   #6
helimaniac88
Registered Users

No I believe you that the addition of dual swashplate gives it real collective authority. I believe the cp is for rudder. What makes you think the rear prop is for forward propulsion? I know it is a great idea but I think it would ad significantly to complexity and cost. Who knows, walkera has been so foward thinking lately I would not doubt it. Is this a single motor driving both main blades?
helimaniac88 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:49 AM   #7
Dave S
Registered Users

Anybody have any idea when this nifty new bird will come to market?
Old 09-04-2011, 08:54 PM   #8
john aeras
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by helimaniac88 View Post
. What makes you think the rear prop is for forward propulsion? I know it is a great idea but I think it would ad significantly to complexity and cost. Who knows, walkera has been so foward thinking lately I would not doubt it. Is this a single motor driving both main blades?
I think you're right. I took a closer look to what little info is on the Walkera site and under specs, it doesn't mention anything about the rear prop.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:16 AM   #9
NewBlackDak
Registered Users

I think it looks awesome(as I do the real thing), but that head makes me shudder. I'm a decent pilot, but not crash proof, and I think think I want to be repairing that too often.
NewBlackDak is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:55 PM   #10
Dave S
Registered Users

Seems like out wouldn't be any big deal to have a motor on the rear prop. Without one the model really would just be another, if cool looking, coax. Hope they will have the tail rotor powered!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2011, 04:34 PM   #11
NCflyer
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave S View Post
Anybody have any idea when this nifty new bird will come to market?
Ive read at RCG that late September is when it comes into stock at Miracle-Mart. Nothing set in stone though. If it reviews well I might add it to my Christmas stocking, although I would prefer a larger 450size dual swash COAX like the reported LAMA 3-1. Regards the tail motor I remember the tail motor they put on the first Lama3 was a decorative spinner only. In order to implement a functional tail motor that provided thrust you would either need a VP tail rotor or and extra ESC to drive the rear motor, and on top of that you would need a TX with a second throttle, as elevator input could not be mixed well with the tail motor, nor could TH input. AUX switches could be programmed for set RPM's I guess. If it had a rudder and stub wings perhaps it would be more controllable in FF if the tail provided thrust. I just cant see it be functional. I do think it will be an interested project though that modders will explore and dissect in great detail.

Mick
Old 09-05-2011, 08:59 PM   #12
Dave S
Registered Users

Of course you're right, Mick. I hadn't thought far enough ahead to think of the need for a separate tail rotor throttle. I wonder how Sikorsky has designed the controls on the prototype. Seems like the pilot would need a fifth limb!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2011, 09:12 PM   #13
helicraze
Registered Users

It would be good if instead of releasing these wacky models you could get parts for it, the V100D08 cannot get parts for it, sold it
helicraze is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:21 AM   #14
HRPuffnstuff
Registered Users

Has anybody seen this model for sale? I'd really like one but can't find it in stock anywhere. I've contacted wow to see if they have any plans to carry it.
HRPuffnstuff is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:43 PM   #15
HRPuffnstuff
Registered Users

Wow emailed me back and they don't have any plans to carry this bird.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:38 PM   #16
spykez
Registered Users

I've been waiting for this bird as well..

I guess they've problems. 2 CP swashes must be more complicated than we think. I don't know if there's actually any true video footage of this flying - I found a youtube link from alishanmao but it turned out to be an X2 with FP/45 degree flybar.

It's a nice idea but I'd hate the rebuild in a crash, but I'm very interested. Mainly because....

..... Err... actually I can't think of any other than it sounds fun... Is that a good enough reason?

I can also see future problems

Spares. Nuff said.

Another thing - I don't know did their 3 bladed 4F200 actually take off all that problem free. I hear of people having to upgrade lots of stuff, from the FBL to the servos etc. I've never had a multiblade rotor head but I can imagine the problems it could cause, and having 2 of them stacked... That would be interesting....

Wonder why they didn't just leave it a 2 bladed coax..

Anyhow these are just pointless musings, we'll have to wait and see do they actually release it.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:47 AM   #17
HRPuffnstuff
Registered Users

has the real one flying around.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:44 AM   #18
Atomic Skull
Registered Users

They should loose the fuse and rear prop, reduce it to 2 rotors per hub and put out a simple pod and boom dual CP coax. Really, that's what most of us who have been waiting for somthing like this want, not an elaborate scale model. Keep it simple with 2 blade heads and you've just about halved the mechanical complexity.

EDIT: use DFC type pitch control/swashlocker links and you reduce the complexity even further.
Atomic Skull is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters

Walkera Helicopters Walkera Helicopter Support