Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 09-08-2013, 03:14 AM   #1
suthae
Registered Users

Default 450L vs Forza 450

Hey Guys,

I currently fly the 450 Pro DFC and currently looking into adding another 450 into my fleet..

I was watching the Forza 450 for some time now and was set on getting one, until I came across the 450L which looks like an equally awesome heli.

I was thinking of the Forza 450 because of known Quality by JR, and also the 6mm Main shaft and 4mm tail rotor shaft, which appears to be very crash resistant, my only concern was about the parts but I really don't mind waiting on parts when I need them.

Moving on to the 450L, the 6s power system is a huge appeal on this heli. Other than that, what's keeping me away from Align is that their quality have always been somewhat just average, requiring regular maintenance and parts develop slops quite fast, sometime it takes lots of adjustment to get a near perfect mechanical settings. I also don't like their micro servos and ESCs and I feel their prized too high for a subpar quality electronics (the motor is good though). Align helis are also very weak in crashes...

Finally, the 450L would eventually going have soo much of aftermarket parts that would be nice to mod or upgrade the heli for later....

So what you guys think?
suthae is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:25 AM   #2
dogtooth
Registered Users

that forza is sweet ! 6 mm main shaft , 4mm tail shaft . you can change the belt without removing the boom . nice
dogtooth is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #3
Trexwilly
Registered Users

The Forza does look cool, I opted for the X3, I like the fact that it's 360mm blade ready, Heavy Duty shafts, and the fact that more vendors will have spares and supplies...

Just another option to consider.

The 450L looks cool too, but I will wait and see what the first batch users think, before I jump on board.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:52 PM   #4
Luigi_tuga
Registered Users

Also on the parts pricing the X3 is very reasonable. JR parts are a bit pricier.
Luigi_tuga is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:17 AM   #5
suthae
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hey... yeah I agree the price of parts for Forza is on the high side, but I think that's what you have to pay for a high quality and high precision parts...

Anyway, if their parts for the Forza 450 is proven to be of a premium quality, wouldn't you be saving in the long run as they most probably won't develop the slops and bindings developed by other typical 450's.

Please dont take me wrongly, am not bashing any brands here, I myself have been flying the Align for some time now and am just pointing out my personal opinion, including those of the majority here. I love my pro v2 DFC and how it flies... but sometimes it's really annoying to chase after slops that it quickly develops in the head and other parts in the heli..

on the other side, I feel the Align 450L combo is quite reasonably priced for what you get in the package, but am still not convinced about the qualities of their new cyclic servos and 45A esc. Anyway, I like the Align motor, the 450mx can match the performance of a premium motor, so I would expecting a better performance with 460mx..

And yeah, the Forza 450 can swing 350's out of the box, too
Old 09-09-2013, 05:27 AM   #6
Luigi_tuga
Registered Users

Yeah, Align always has been quite sloppy, specially in the tail, but with their dual support there is none. Extra smooth no slop.
Forza has 4mm tail shaft, so in theory less slop due to tolerances.
X3 has 4mm and duall support, but not full beared like the align.

4mm allows bigger bearings, less rock in the end of the shaft.

I guess it depends on what you want from your 450, or 480. If it will be a beater parts price is important, but it will come down to budget.
Luigi_tuga is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #7
GimpyGolden
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Horizon's part pricing is pretty good, when ever they actually get hem.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...z-JRP988332#t4
Look under Part's and Acc tab.
GimpyGolden is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #8
midnightx1
Registered Users

Suthae, Go for the new 450 Dominator, i have just bought and built one and the quality of this kit is far better and more solid than the previious Align 450's and also the Vorza which i bought 3 weeks ago and have given up on due to too many problems with it (ESC and servo failing, too many plastic parts), it is a pity because the Vorza design is interesting.

Last edited by midnightx1; 09-12-2013 at 04:21 AM..
midnightx1 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:32 AM   #9
suthae
Registered Users

Fantastic! First hand experience... am going with the 450L!

What you think about the the cyclic servos and ESC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightx1 View Post
Suthae, Go for the new 450 Dominator, i have just bought and built one bought one and the quality of this kit is far better and more solid than the previious Align 450's and also the Vorza which i bought 3 weeks ago and have given up on due to too many problems with it (ESC and servo failing, too many plastic parts), it is a pity because the Vorza design is interesting.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #10
midnightx1
Registered Users

The servos seem fine but i wanted to use my CC edge 50 lite instead of the Align BEC so i do not know how that performs. I also am using beastx instead of the 3GX. What i like about the new Dominator is the change they have made to the strength and solidity of the finished frame structure, there is not much plastic to screw into so the screws are nice and tight into metal, less vibes and the finished product reminds me more of a small 700 dfc rather than a big 450.

Last edited by midnightx1; 09-12-2013 at 04:22 AM..
Old 09-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #11
GimpyGolden
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I really like my Forza but the included servo's were a bust. Had one burn out in ~20 flights and stripped others pretty easy on tip overs from auto's

All replaced with MKS now but now I'm looking at the Gaui X3, at least until Forza parts hit our shores.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:53 AM   #12
midnightx1
Registered Users

Hi Gimpy, i have read all your threads on your Forza a while back(which i why i went and bought one as it looked good) but during the 1st hovering one of the cyclic servos quit, they are expensive to replace with stock JR but i wanted to carry on using the neat servo arms that came with it so i had to buy another JR servo which was more than double the price of the Savox 257. Anyway, on my 2nd proper flight the esc gave up either due to over current or temp.... i never did find out. The heli looks good and promises much but the cons for me outweighed the pros and the price is too high for all that plastic and self tapping screws with useless expensive servos... but i may have just been unlucky.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:57 AM   #13
suthae
Registered Users

I have to agree with you on the JR electronics... never really heard any good stories about them
Old 09-11-2013, 11:58 AM   #14
GimpyGolden
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ya I wouldn't recommend the servo combo at all.
My ESC and motor have been good. ESC works well with V-Bar Gov which is about as hard as you can be on a controller.
Motor get's pretty hot but not worrisome.

I do really like the machine but for $200 that it will cost me I want to try the X3 out.
In the end I am a belt guy but like the use of plastic on the Gaui.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:01 PM   #15
GimpyGolden
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Those arms were nice but gave pretty off values for VB setup. It still flew well but is better now with shorter arms on DS95's within proper range.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #16
midnightx1
Registered Users

Yes i noticed that the motor was always very hot and also my castle esc complained about over current (70 amps plus) and temps over 150F and that was mounted on the outside in the air. I originally thought that the main gear was too tight or i had done something wrong on the setup but despite everything it all just ran red hot. What ended my relationship for me with the Vorza were the terrible vibes which upset the beast on anything over 3300 rpm, one death roll too many and the post accident salvaged parts went on ebay I put the vibes down to the body and components being mostly plastic and not being held together tight enough because the screws would just not tighten or it came from the tail but that was a pretty simple structure and seemed ok.

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.