Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

Old 08-13-2005, 03:02 PM   #1
Kyle Davis
Registered Users

Default YS 91 Gaskets?

I was woundering where I could find the backplate gasket for the YS 91 I can seem to find one and the one on my .91 broke when I was replacing the back bearing.
Kyle Davis is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 03:36 PM   #2
capebob
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Kyle,

Rick's carries them, http://www.ronlund.com/Merchant2/mer...ct_Code=YS4820
however in an emergency (flame suit on) you can make one out of printer paper. Place backplate inside up on the paper and trace around and mark the center of the screw holes. Turn backplate over carefully center the inside of the backplate over your tracing and mark draw your circle. The rest is done with a hobby knife. I know there are probably a lot of rolling eyes out there but this does work and the gasket will last until you remove the backplate. I've had one in one of my engines for well over a year and it is still hanging in there. I ordered the gasket from Rick's and it's still in my parts box. If you want, PM me your address and I'll mail it to you if you'll send me one when you can.

Bob

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Churchill
capebob is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 03:52 PM   #3
WayneBrown

Ray has them too!
There aren't a lot of places that actually stock YS parts unfortunately, and Great Planes orders when it's convienient to them, not us... go figure.
WayneBrown is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 09:03 PM   #4
kthane
Registered Users

I bought a few at tower. Said limited quantity available so I bought 2 and didn't even need to replace it. Hord your YS parts while you can :twisted:

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please