Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Avant RC - Mostro & Aurora

Avant RC - Mostro & Aurora Avant Mostro, Aurora, Electric eAurora, RigidCore Flybarless Head, Avant EFX and Avant FX Helicopter Support

Old 04-30-2008, 10:02 PM   #21
X
Registered Users

TOLD YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
X is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:54 PM   #22
fiveoboy01
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8brkr View Post
Hey Bob,
You shouldn't have to wait long for the upgrades for the 700 either. I'm betting there will be plenty of them !! Enjoy the ride on the upgrade wagon !
Got any proof that this will be the case with the 700? Or are you just making assumptions?
Bill - RWMAA #1009, AMA #805853

fiveoboy01 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:45 AM   #23
ClayK
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveoboy01 View Post
Got any proof that this will be the case with the 700? Or are you just making assumptions?
Has any other Align helicopter been different? Just curious....

Bringing people out of Radio Shack and into the hobby.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

μολὼν λαβέ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ClayK is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:46 AM   #24
fiveoboy01
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nope, but if you are all going to make assumptions about something you havent even laid hands on yet, then be my guest.
Bill - RWMAA #1009, AMA #805853

fiveoboy01 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:22 AM   #25
ClayK
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveoboy01 View Post
Nope, but if you are all going to make assumptions about something you havent even laid hands on yet, then be my guest.
Past performance can be used as a reliable source to predict future results. It's used in finances all the time and just about everything else in life.

Of course, that comment is not exclusive to Align. All manufacturers past performance in a variety of areas can be a good indicator of future results.

Bringing people out of Radio Shack and into the hobby.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

μολὼν λαβέ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ClayK is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:36 AM   #26
WillJames
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasBob View Post
Aside from being a year late, the Aurora is an old design. Alan Szabo and Jason Krause probably used the Aurora to refine the Align 700 design. I know Alan's brother Danny has had an Aurora for a year and a half.

I wish the Aurora the best of luck but I'll stick with a company than can do things in a resonable amount of time. I'm waiting for the Align 700.
Have you seen the Aurora fly? It looks damn good to me. MA is still running a lot of not changed parts from many years ago because they don't need to be updated. Does the Stratus and now the Bandit with these parts fly good? It sure looks to be one of the best performing helis out there with Nick Maxwell or Bobby Watts and other newcomers flying them. Do they need to be updated because they are an old design? A heli is the sum of the parts and from what I have seen there are really no bad flying 90 sized helis flying including the big Raptors, look what Jared and others can do with that "old design". To say old design... I don't think that has anything to do with it, look how much every heli looks like a Schluter. The apple has not fallen far from the tree for any heli has it?

I think that there have been many new helis over the last 4 years that were great on the design CAD program, but flying them is really what determines a good design or not, how they fly is what separates a good design from a bad one. Old and new.... that is hard to equate to a heli without flying it for me. No matter when a heli is designed, it either flys good or it does not for each individual that flys it.

If you fly you are going to crash.
Not again!!!
WillJames is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:43 AM   #27
huskynox
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillJames View Post
I think that there have been many new helis over the last 4 years that were great on the design CAD program, but flying them is really what determines a good design or not, how they fly is what separates a good design from a bad one. Old and new.... that is hard to equate to a heli without flying it for me. No matter when a heli is designed, it either flys good or it does not for each individual that flys it.
I agree!

Man, it would be nice for Alan Szabo Jr. to give ALL of us an HONEST flight report!!! Of course that will never happen now that he wears an "Align" t-shirt!
Kasama Srimok - 8717HV's, 8900G, AR7100R, Spartan, YS 91SR, Hatori SB19
huskynox is offline        Reply With Quote

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Avant RC - Mostro & Aurora

Avant RC - Mostro & Aurora Avant Mostro, Aurora, Electric eAurora, RigidCore Flybarless Head, Avant EFX and Avant FX Helicopter Support