Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > HeliDirect

HeliDirect HeliDirect HDX300, 450, 500, 550, 600 Factory Sponsored Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2009, 10:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default hdx 450v3 tail issues

i am having a problem with my 450v3,in a low speed hover it is pretty solid but as i throttle up it starts to spin in a circle. i am using hitec hs 65s but i put an eflite s75 on the tail. could this cheaper servo be the problem? should i put an hs65 on the tail? also im not sure how to set my gyro (telebee) and to be honest im not really sure how a gyro works!! any advice would be greatly appreciated. also, will incorrect blade pitch settings cause a battery to drain too quickly??

Last edited by helionfire; 03-03-2009 at 11:18 AM.. Reason: added another question.
helionfire is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2009, 05:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Talking See Finless Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by helionfire View Post
i am having a problem with my 450v3,in a low speed hover it is pretty solid but as i throttle up it starts to spin in a circle. i am using hitec hs 65s but i put an eflite s75 on the tail. could this cheaper servo be the problem? should i put an hs65 on the tail? also im not sure how to set my gyro (telebee) and to be honest im not really sure how a gyro works!! any advice would be greatly appreciated. also, will incorrect blade pitch settings cause a battery to drain too quickly??
You have way to many basic questions to properly cover here. Suggest you start with the finless bob videos. He covers setup of the telebee gyro. Getting blades to track is important as well but the main reason for battery drain is having you pinion /gear too tight.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=41692
weasel53 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2009, 01:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

not too many questions

Quote:
i am having a problem with my 450v3,in a low speed hover it is pretty solid but as i throttle up it starts to spin in a circle. i am using hitec hs 65s but i put an eflite s75 on the tail. could this cheaper servo be the problem?
The S75 is a SUPER-poor servo to use on the tail. It is just not going to hold up speed- and torque-wise. I reccomend the JR DS290 servo because it's got really good performance for this size heli. Also, it's very budget-minded. If you want top performance, go with a 3500G or Futaba 9257. Either way, you do not want to skimp on tail servos, and super cheepies like s75 are no good. BTW, it sound like your gain is too low.

Quote:
should i put an hs65 on the tail?
No. It's got some torque, but is slow for the tail. See my above answer.

Quote:
also im not sure how to set my gyro (telebee) and to be honest im not really sure how a gyro works!!
This one I'll definitely say you need to watch a Finless vid, only because there is sooooo much to cover. But for your issue, I reccomend you increase your gain a bit.

Quote:
also, will incorrect blade pitch settings cause a battery to drain too quickly??
For sure. Too much pitch will make the heli fell stable, but you're putting undue stress on your drive and entire power system. Again, check Finless out, his vids will give you deep and thorough understanding.

Good luck, and HAVE FUN!
Jimmy! is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in