Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2015, 12:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Anyone? Align 500L with CC Edge 80HV

So I got a Align 500L. Used. And has the stock Align 70 esc which I heard is ok but eh?.. Anyways I got a new CC Edge 80HV esc for cheap and a CC BEC Pro. I don't have the helicopter yet but wondering if he ESc would fit on the helicopter. What I'm worried about is the weight. I think it shouldn't be a big problem. Also using a Pulse 6s 3300 mah 35c battery.

Anyone use this type of combo yet?
Scjon03 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2015, 09:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's a really big ESC for a 500. You'd probably have to mount it underslung on the frame, which is how I have mine mounted, but mine is a non-HV 75A Castle. I'd try to mount the BEC Pro inside the frame, but I'm not sure how much room the 500L has.
Gladius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2015, 10:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is indeed a LOT of extra space and weight. I'd keep the ESC it has now. The Trex 500 already has a less desirable disc loading ratio. I wouldn't make it any worse. The HV 80 barely fits on the Trex 600. Its a big ESC.

The LV 75 from Castle would be the right upgrade. The BEC PRO is also way over done and not necessary. If you wanted a BEC- I'd get the Polaris BEC for 35 bucks. Its tiny. The only real reason you'd need to upgrade the ESC is if you want a governor. The Align ESC works fine for V curves.

I'd also suggest the Hobbywing 100A. BEC and excellent governor. Pretty appropriate size and weight and it comes with a fan if you're having temperature problems.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	550??4.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	604846  
RC/DC_5000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2015, 10:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have the Talon 90 on the nose of my bird with the built in bec. 0 issues so far. Maybe be the same or less weight then a 80hv and bec.
sunsetmaro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2015, 02:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've got a Talon 90 in mine too, mounted on the side frame like in post #3. I also have a CC 10A BEC, mounted on the side frame above and just ahead of the ESC.
Abenn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2015, 08:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

that well work fine .... I had a Ice2 HV80 on mine for a long time running a 9s setup

MGPTWEGB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2015, 05:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yep I have it installed and it's good to go. Also paired it up with the CC BEC Pro. With the AR7200bx. No issues with weight and all that. Using Pulse 3300 mah 35c batteries. It flys fine.
Scjon03 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in