Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2015, 12:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default RIP Blade 450x Lynx

So today I think I will have to retire my 450x for an extended or permanent time, I have been unable to get it off the ground since a crash some time ago and after a frame upgrade.

Today I had two minor blade strikes when trying to get off the ground, the heli either tilted left or tilted back. I checked all the components and linkages, then on the 3rd try I was more aggressive with the throttle and it simply pitched all the way forward after becoming airborne and crashed.
I used to be flying 3d with this bird and now I cant even get it airborne for more than a second.

With all the money I have spent trying to get this thing to fly like it did when I first got it I could have bought a 300cfx frame and put my beastx on it -_-

Broken servo horn

Bent main shaft, stripped servo

Broken blade

Broken servo horn

Stripped main gear

Tail seems fine though.

I am considering parting it out and taking an extended hiatus from helicopters until I can afford to spend money on them.

Last edited by crimson66; 07-17-2015 at 01:58 PM..
crimson66 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2015, 06:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Suspended User

Part that Lynx frame out (or sell it whole) before you break it. People are wanting them but, for all intents and purposes, Lynx has discontinued their 450X frame. It's been out of stock for a loooong time and they now refuse to even acknowledge questions about when/if it's coming back when before they were saying "soon".
WedgeD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2015, 06:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yesterday I sent Lynx a question regarding the CF frame, no response as of yet
blom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2015, 09:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by blom View Post
Yesterday I sent Lynx a question regarding the CF frame, no response as of yet
In THIS post dated today, Luca Invernizzi of Lynx Heli said: "Frame we are producing."
Gyropilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2015, 09:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
Suspended User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyropilot View Post
In THIS post dated today, Luca Invernizzi of Lynx Heli said: "Frame we are producing."
Yeah, yeah, we've heard that before. Yet another version of "soon" to get us to go away for a while.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgeD View Post

Yeah, yeah, we've heard that before.
Think positive WedgeD!
Gyropilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2015, 10:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
Suspended User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyropilot View Post
Think positive WedgeD!
Oh...alright...

I asked Luca to let us know in that thread in the Lynx sub-forum. Hopefully, we'll hear something "soon".
Old 07-18-2015, 11:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would put everything back to stock and go back to factory beastx settings. You'll be able to get her airborne again.. Aside from better servos mine is going to remain bone stock, unless aftermarket parts are the only available option.

95% of bling is overrated imo, definitely unnecessary for someone at my skill level anyway.
learnedthehardway is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2015, 02:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Suspended User

Quote:
Originally Posted by learnedthehardway View Post
95% of bling is overrated imo, definitely unnecessary for someone at my skill level anyway.
That is true a lot of the time, but the Lynx frame is a very big upgrade, in my opinion. It's a lot easier to work on and I'll bet you'd notice the extra stiffness/responsiveness in flight. It was really noticeable to me immediately on the first flight with the new frame. The whole heli felt "crisper" and, weirdly, a bit lighter. Probably due to the extra responsiveness. The proper servo geometry with all servo links being short, equal and DTS is really worth it, too. I was glad to get rid of that wonky Rube Goldberg contraption of an elevator arrangement. Even the aileron servos didn't have the same geometry with different length pushrods.
Old 07-18-2015, 07:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yeah, I strongly dislike the stock frame on the 450x, which is why the lynx made so much sense to me. The frame is super strong and easy to work on. That is why the new 360 and 300 cfx frames are so appealing to me.

I'd maybe try again on my 450x but ive been needing to get a new set of servos before i broke one...and good ones run about 120+ for a set of 3...so why not sell my lynx and just get a 300cfx frame off ebay for 180 that comes with new ones...just slap my beastx on it.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I definitely agree on the elevator setup, over complicated, weird with ass-backward operation. Has worked well for me so far but all I have done is baby it plus one slow and smooth front flip.

Got a bunch of spares and another lipo finally so I can warm up and then throw caution to the wind. Couldn't get spare lg since they're on backorder but I have 2 sets for my old walkera that happen to fit perfectly. Better quality lg but slightly shorter with a slightly narrower stance which makes me a lil nervous.

Looks like some 450 parts may be fairly standardized, the stabilizer fins, tail rotors and lg all line up perfectly between the two helis even though alot of the 450x is a bit bigger than the walkera.
learnedthehardway is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2015, 10:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
Suspended User

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimson66 View Post

I'd maybe try again on my 450x but ive been needing to get a new set of servos before i broke one...and good ones run about 120+ for a set of 3...so why not sell my lynx and just get a 300cfx frame off ebay for 180 that comes with new ones...just slap my beastx on it.
Because you don't want the weak plastic geared servos again. Get a set of Hitec 5065mg servos. That's what I use and they're great. About $100/set delivered with shipping. Trust me, they're worth it. I have over 600 flights on a set and they're still going strong.
Old 07-18-2015, 11:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
Suspended User

Quote:
Originally Posted by learnedthehardway View Post
I definitely agree on the elevator setup, over complicated, weird with ass-backward operation.
Are you talking about the stupid backwards collective setup where the swash moves DOWN for positive pitch? That's trailing edge control for ya. Flip the grips over, remount the blades and reverse the pitch channel in the TX. Swash movement will now be like every other normal CP heli out there. Absolutely no other changes needed. Not even resetting zero pitch, max/min pitch, etc. I know it doesn't make a difference in flight with a zero delta head, but it sure as hell makes a difference in setup and it's still STUPID, especially seeing how there is no difference in the air. People have been bitten in the ass by this, including a certain Blade "pro" team member who admitted it on Facebook. The 500X is the same way and he accidentally set his swash up to move normally, which was incorrect, after repairing it from a previous crash. Then, when he went to re-maiden it, he couldn't figure out why it wouldn't lift off because he unknowingly kept adding negative pitch which cause it to try to drill itself through the earth back home to China. He gave up, hit TH, immediately chopped the collective which caused it to go to full positive pitch. It shot up losing all headspeed because throttle was now at zero. Crash! Again.
Old 07-19-2015, 08:50 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, I should have said over complicated elevator and ass-backward collective operation. Threw me off doing a control test the first time seeing the swash move down with positive. I like the ultra simple servo layout of the 180. Servo arm with one link straight to swash for all 3 servos. Can't get any easier than that.
Old 07-20-2015, 02:11 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you're using 5065 servos you could get the MH frame. Beautiful frame, but impossible to work on with anything other than stock or 5065's. KSTs are right out.
NervousEnergy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2015, 04:44 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Would the investment in servos really be worth it over any brand new heli?
Old 07-20-2015, 05:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NervousEnergy View Post
If you're using 5065 servos you could get the MH frame. Beautiful frame, but impossible to work on with anything other than stock or 5065's. KSTs are right out.
You are right, it is a good frame other than the servo configuration....
I got TGY-306's in mine which I believe are the same as the KST's.. it took a lot of work though..
James Recard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2015, 06:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Y'all think I should sell my beastx? I'm considering just getting a 180cfx since my flying space has shrunken since I have moved across the state.

*edit*
After further consideration...also would be willing to sell the frame w or w/o the beastx and whatever else you might want to anyone here.
I think I just might need to move on till I can afford the time and money for big helis again.
Old 07-23-2015, 06:39 PM   #19 (permalink)
Suspended User

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimson66 View Post
Would the investment in servos really be worth it over any brand new heli?
Yes.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:41 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

New servos sound nice...but then it's new blade grips and feathering shaft and blades and all that.

If I downscale I can fly in my backyard daily.... hmmm
I just don't know.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in