Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Henseleit

Henseleit Henseleit Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2012, 02:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Why no 6S TDR 550?

I wish Henseleit made a 550 class heli it would be the one to own for sure. All the manufactures are preoccupied with making BIG 12S and 14S helis I want a 550 size heli that can handle one 6S pack for less charging and more flying please! I am over charging packs its not fun three flights with the TDR 12S would be six fights with a TDR 550 6S heli.

What are your thoughts on this?
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2012, 01:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmoglo View Post
I wish Henseleit made a 550 class heli it would be the one to own for sure. All the manufactures are preoccupied with making BIG 12S and 14S helis I want a 550 size heli that can handle one 6S pack for less charging and more flying please! I am over charging packs its not fun three flights with the TDR 12S would be six fights with a TDR 550 6S heli.

I understand your drift. That is exactly why I got (and keep) the Logo 500SE: it is not my favorite heli at all, but it takes a single 6S pack from my TDR, and is just very convenient to make a whole lot of quick training flights. As a result, it gets flown a lot, and it makes a good addition to the TDR as a beater, they always go together to the flying field. If there's some problem with one of them, I simply start flying the other, with the exact same packs. I prefer 700s by far, but it's hard to beat convenience.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

You could always try the TDR 800 Light. It flies on a single 6s and does 15 minute flights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=y39xd0xnqp8
Old 06-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmoglo View Post

I spoke with Jan re a 500 TDR and he said the cost would be much the same as a 700 so he does not see it as a viable option for him to produce. Pitty though as I would buy one too. Right now I think the new 6s "450" Warp is another must have for crazy power to weight.
Heli G is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think it would be hard to justify the complexity of a TDR in a 550mm format.

I was going to rekit my T550 as a Logo 500, but I really like my Protos 500 even though it is a slightly smaller form factor. I find it flies big enough for me and sounds great.

The draw of the Protos is that there are no gears to strip. In fact I dumb thumbed it straight down the other day and it landed landing gear first and the belt just popped off the main gear. There was zero damage to repair, I just had to pop a pulley back into place and reseat the belt. I've even landed an inverted auto-rotation with it.

The lightweight of the Protos combined with its amazingly simple drive train makes it a fantastic lawn dart

I don't find 6S vs 12S to be a big deal for me with my charging solution. It's more an issue of how much $$$ or $, I want to put in the air.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Funny thing that, also enjoying the TDR and Logo 500SE very much, tend to try new stuff on the Logo, then TDR once confident, cracked inverted hovering, nose in this weekend on both Heli's. Also cracked Autos on the Logo, does them very well with 600 blades. just about ready to auto the TDR, bet it performs even better!
Also tried the TREX550 with auto, performed like a fridge falling out of the sky! No damage, quickly going off it though. (Where have I heard that before lol).
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzTDR + II
Alun
CyprusFlyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2012, 01:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyprusFlyer View Post
Also tried the TREX550 with auto, performed like a fridge falling out of the sky! No damage, quickly going off it though. (Where have I heard that before lol).
On the contrary, I found that the T550 even with 520mm blades does mini auto (4-5 feet off the ground) pretty well.
CACN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2012, 12:22 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Must be me then, baby autos OK, do them all the time, a full from 150 feet wasnt half as nice as the Logo, maybe I didnt get the sweet spot with the pitch.
Alun
Old 06-04-2012, 05:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

yesterday I fixed bailout on my T550 with 550-blades and it autos quite ok I think. Was really fun, did like 20-30 autos it's actually one of my favorite helicopters also because it's so allround and much flight time
Old 06-05-2012, 03:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Going a bit off topic but I obviously need to try something different with the T550, have some 550 blades and a Scorpion motor, may play around with them for fun, I have noticed doing baby autos that the 550 doesnt hang around for many seconds. The Logo 500SE does, I can easily hang around for 3-5 secs and the TDR just seems to defy gravity for ages! Only started autos last weekend so no expert by any means, probably spoilt with the excellent Logo auto performance.
Alun
Old 06-05-2012, 03:55 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

isn't the T550 a little heavier, folk says it has quite high disc load. Well... see it as a challenge it should improve the skills to not use up the pitch too fast

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in